Motormounts for Trampa MTB, E-Toxx Dual Direct Drive

Might, but to be honest riding a Direct Drive feels like flying a Rocket (I guess ? never flew a Rocket). But it is for sure no Rocket Science in a Direct Drive. And it would take away the last little handicraft LEGO tinkering feeling.

And Jenso is actually sending out an really inforamtive Step by Step manual via mail if you buy a direct drive

I mean no offense, but some people are visual learners and a manual doesnā€™t help these kind of learners. And most people arenā€™t good at problem solving, so a video would help in both cases.

I myself donā€™t need it, but someone else might.

1 Like

Yap a instruction video cant be a really disadvantage, except for :

:joy:

Yeah best would be a video, i put it on my todo list, right after this webshop thing :neutral_face:

Thanks for your thoughts Have a great day

Ok, i guess you are right. Iā€™m born 1984, if i lost a LEGO Manual i had to be ā€œcreativeā€. I guess in modern attitude kids will watch others building the LEGO objects in Youtube videos. :tv::smiley_cat::ghost:

Hey Jenso, maybe youā€™ll get aYoutube-Star then ?! :heart_eyes_cat:

You guys bring up excellent ideasā€¦ the instructions Jens sends are very very good actually. Video sure why notā€¦ websiteā€¦ yes!

Look in the end though there is a slight engineering rubbing issue i faced with the mount on a mini trampa truck.

I had to make sure to get the hub adapter to clear and not rub while having enough room to get the wheel onto axle and having enough axles to screw the wheel on. It looks perfect at about 66-67mm.

There will be very little axle left to properly get the screw on. Itā€™s still on there good enoughā€¦I can go another turn stillā€¦

Now the point is really moot because the truth is i ordered a street carver belt drive from Jenso for use with the new Gummies.

And this direct drive will be repurposed for my E-MTB board. Here as you can see thr direct drive will fit with so so much room to spare:

My build is almost ready (btw i enjoy the carver the most, compared to my emtb the stance is so much more fun ā€“ my legs get tired on the emtb quickly). Just need to swap out the direct drive for the carver mount. And a few more small steps.

4 Likes

are you using mtb trucks on the carver deck? or are you switching decks altogether?

Not switching decks, i have bothā€¦ an E-MTB board which was my first build. The carver is the second build.

I am simply moving over the direct drive to the E-MTB.

Yeah I spent a lot of bling $$$ this year on those (2) boards. Not building anything else for a long timeā€¦ lol.

Maybe a penny board down the road that fits in my backpack <ā€” addict speaking right here

No but seriously I am having build exhaustion. I think and my point of viewā€¦ i want to focus more on riding my buildā€¦ rather than building my ride :wink: Thatā€™s why i started thisā€¦ that thrill ride.

1 Like

haha, i am also looking at building a penny, or something similar.

So Iā€™m new to this, Iā€™m just trying to build a board that can take me on streets and sidewalks. Maybe crossing some grass and dirt. What kind of drive do I need. I do want direct drive, Iā€™m just trying g to figure out what one.

Hey

I think a nice combo for you could be the Mini Direct Drive. You can use Wheels from 5Inch/Gummies up to 7 or 8 Inch You got an 1:4 reduction, fully sealed agianst dirt.

You could mount it on Trampas Mini Truck, with this the Motor is limited to 6355

You could also Mount it on Regular Truck, now the Motorlength is open up to for example 6384, like here :

http://www.electric-skateboard.builders/t/trampa-streetcarver-e-toxx-minidirectdrive-mtb-trucks-gummies-6384-12s/36217/17

If you decide for the Regular Trampa Truck i could offer you also a new variete of the Mini Direct Drive with a supportbearing inside the Wheelspur, like in my Regular Direct Driveā€¦ ONLY for MTB Hanger

You mention the 6384, is the APS 6374 Outrunner brushless motor 600KV 3200W a good one? I would like to use two of these, what is a down side of these motors

600kv is too much stay below 200kv

1 Like

Can I please talk to you about getting one drive of these please I got monies and stuff possibly to trade you if you like repairing stuff since you seem like a legend and all :straight_ruler: :wrench: :rocket:

Yeah no problem, just send me an email : [email protected] Tell me what you want, we find a solutionā€¦ Cheers

1 Like

Email sent thank you!

So sick! :grin: love your videos bro keep Up the great work!

1 Like

@Nowind How wide is the total gearbox? Just wondering how big of motors you could put on the mini trucks with this kit. Amazing build by the way.

Hey

Upgradet all parts with more aluminium and some colour :

IĀ“m actually use the Mini Drive only with the regular MTB Hangerā€¦ in this config you get an support bearing inside the Wheelspur and are able to fit 6384 Motors with easyā€¦ more possible in length but not in diameterā€¦ no 80mm with MINI DRIVE

7 Likes

What is the difference between the mini and the standard? Also, where does the bearing on the spur gear slide onto? I donā€™t see the area on the trucks for it.

Here i compared the different Drives ā€¦

Support Bearing sits on Axle not on Hanger :sunglasses:

Feel free to ask