Motor slipping, very LOW torque

Hmm alright, the sparks are relatively large so that probably isn’t the reason. You said your motor detection worked right?

1 Like

Friend of mine got brand new motors and the set screws on the shaft to bell were stripped allowing the shaft to spin around the pressed on bell.

Have you checked your shaft to bell set screws?

Yup, pretty smooth too.

sorry, didn’t really get what your trying to say?

And you hit Apply, Write Configuration and then reboot and still nothing?

Yup, still nothing

Hmm then I´ve no idea…:confused:

I guess you could try typing “faults” in the console to see if anything comes up.

you said the board doesn’t really move/motor is slipping…

the shaft is pressed into the bellhousing(the can that spins), the pressed in part is on the end that is not mounted to the motor mount… on that end there are set screws/grub screws to hold the shaft from spinning on the bellhousing.

You may have to remove the bell with shaft to see the set screws as some are internal. I was suggesting to check these to ensure the shaft isnt spinning in the bell…

A video of the issue would be helpful.

@Mohammed oh btw, if you’re running a single turn off “Multiple ESCs over CAN” and “Send status over CAN”

I can’t upload the video on to YouTube for some reason. I will though when I can. My problem is quite simple, the outer case and the shaft spin fine, but the moment I add a load ie my hand or my weight, it starts jittering, like there’s not enough power getting to the motor

who made your battery? maybe the issue is there?

Made it my self, I’m getting proper 10s battery readings though, 42v when full charged. I doubt it’s the battery

Looks good, you’ll need sensors if you want smooth startup from standstill.

it’s normal.

I’m sorry, but I don’t understand how that’s normal? When I stand in the board it can’t move at all…

Can you explain further please?

That’s normal for a board without sensors, you have to give it a kick push before throttling.

It’s still possible there’s something wrong, but it definitely looks like it’s fine based on the video. Unsensored brushless motors don’t work very well at all until they’re spinning a bit. Get on the board, give it a push (the old fashioned way, with your foot), then apply some throttle and see if it pulls you.