Motor mounts won't stay in place

He uses wood screws on deck enclosures Bill. Fear him

3 Likes

The real solution to this is cone tipped setscrews, and drill a very shallow hole where the setscrew creates a dimple. Done it before on paris trucks, worked like a charm. However it did eventually wear out the hole, but my setscrews were too small.

Solution, though? I feel like a shape that naturally resists rotation might be the actual solution.

(Yes, you can tell me to fuck off.)

4 Likes

Frick off :sob:

1 Like

Theres not a motor mount clamp that doesn’t come loose after miles and miles of riding if its a clamp set up. Its a toss up between loctiting it on so you can never move it again or using softer compounds and knowing you may have to get it off one day. Round hanger profiles require the former approach and so therefore are not the answer. One flat plane is all you need.

@TowerCrisis David frick off was cute

2 Likes

So the answer is to grind or mill a flat on the truck?

If you want good results, buy good parts. Trucks are not all created equal. Motor mounts too. You’ve picked the worst trucks to use on an esk8 and the mounts you bought are straight up junk.

7 Likes

Not true. Quick66 clamps do not come loose.

5 Likes

@IndyPilot isn’t the OP but what you said is certainly relevant.

For those who come across this thread, don’t plan on modifying trucks so you can use them, and instead just buy the right thing in the first place.

3 Likes

Don’t you jump in here showing off lol Your press fit mounts? Wonderful though your design is its not your typical bolt through clamp though. I was merely pointing out that bolts do back out over time and things need to be pinched up and when it happens on a round profile truck it can be far more devastating.

4 Likes

@dareno You said all clamp mounts. I make tkp clamp mounts. They don’t come loose. They fit so tight you don’t even need to use the set screws that we provide with them. But…I digress

3 Likes

This should be a banner at the top of every page.

7 Likes

If you want Filet Mignon for dinner, you don’t buy flap meat…

7 Likes

Red loctite and keyways, it’ll never move. Or blue loctite and grubs,. It’ll move but not easily. If you really want some indestructible shit… Red loctite, keyway, grub screws and some of @b264’s JB Weld :grinning:.

3 Likes

That’s why caliber 2s, although I’m not a fan. I like the hex shape of SR TKPs best.

1 Like

This should be carved in stone somewhere as well.

1 Like

I have it tattooed on my foreskin after a nasty incident with some chinese condoms.

2 Likes

Looks like you didn’t learn out of your mistake…how much children you have?

1 Like

Which woman are we talking about?:sunglasses:

2 Likes

Fixed it for you.

1 Like