Motor mount with dual idlers

That is just awesome!!! Looks like you are running 15mm belt?

Yep, if you look at the inside edge of the wheels I did shave them a bit

1 Like

Good, I wasn’t sure if I should extend out those nubs or not…I guess not then, better to have a tight fit then loose.

Yeah any tighter would be problematic at least on my hanger, even with screwdriver wedged and giving like 1-2mm more clearance it was quite tight I had to use a mallet to move it down on the hangar wouldn’t budge by hand, no bolt

Thanks for all the pictures, time to design mounts to fit other trucks, Ronin, Paris, Evolve, Surfrodz,… :v:

3 Likes

Finished up my first board. Marc is really nice dude, I messed up a clamp getting it on, (I wasn’t smart and used a washer and the mount bolt to expand it and then stripped it out) and he made me a new one at no extra cost. After that little snafu no other issues mounts work great!

3 Likes

Are these the extended mounts made for larger wheels? They seem to extend really far out beyond the truck

yeah i asked for 97-100mm range

1 Like

I’m using the standard 148.25mm length mount arm with 107mm 40T 15mm, just needed to change bearings to get belt coverage and clearance I wanted. Just make sure you have no wobble and everything is aligned, you’ll be playing with 1-2mm clearances.

1 Like

I was planning to only use them with 90mm wheels, I just didn’t want to buy the mounts if the ones shown in the picture where the standard length. Too long for my taste. But since those are indeed the longer ones, it’s between this mount and the one being sold by @Boardnamics. Both are similar mounts and similar price points. Any preferences?

Edit: @scepterr that clearance is pretty impressive, no room for error there

2 Likes

Both mounts are the same length Btw I did shave the inside edge of the wheels to prevent belt rubbing

90mm wheel would be about the arm as 83mm. I can make it even shorter if you want to tuck idlers behind the wheel.

https://esk8content.nyc3.digitaloceanspaces.com/uploads/db2454/original/3X/8/5/856b4083967135fa1d9d3f9449c15cc2fc5ae34f.JPG

These (Marc’s) are awesome, man. No second thoughts.

Is there just one version of the mount that supports 63mm and 50mm motors? Or is it separate versions? I like the idea of being able to switch motors without having to switch the mount.

Yes, I would have to change my cnc file to a X-configuration to accommodate different motor sizes.

I second the 5065 and 6374 (real 6374, not sk3) support

No problem, that would be an option for the motor mounts, lateral motor adjustment or X-config. for motor size swapping.

1 Like

One thing to keep in mind, if tucking bearing behind the wheel, it’s really convenient being able to adjust the motor.

1 Like

An x-config would be ideal I think. Just have to make sure to really get the right belt size then cause no moving the motor

But you might be able to move the idlers… :stuck_out_tongue: