Motor mount with dual idlers

He is the man!! :point_down: :grinning:

marcmt88

1 Like

Is there any way to fit dual sk3 6374 on evolve trucks… Im dying to have this but I keep failing

Waiting for @pixelsilva to send me the cast of the holes pattern… it should not take me long to come up with a prototype once I have the cast…

1 Like

The distance between the 2 mounts wont fit dual 6374, im looking for a way to mount it to the ends of the truck

Did you consider using dual 50xx motors? So far, I only know TB 218mm truck can fit dual 6374s.

I did consider it until I bought 2 sk3 6473s and ran out of money completely

Consider mounting motors diagonally?

Yea ive tried that, my setup is at the bottom of the topic and im just so bummed out. @marcmt88 I cant really go diagonal since my enclosure and kingpin is in the way and mounting them to the outside is just not viable, id scratch the hell out of my motors when I pick the board up and the mounts might even break

@marcmt88 I’m interested too if you can get these mounts to fit the evolve rear trucks and fit dual 6374 with 107mm wheels and dual idlers. I mean, that’s like the dream setup, especially if the motors can fit under the deck instead of behind it. Which makes me think too, it’s be cool if the mount stuck out a little (5mm) more than the motor so if they were mounted out back, the mount is what the board would stand on and not the motor

This may be an issue but I think if the mounts were further from the truck they could be under the deck. Also since there are dual idlers, too much belt slack is a non-issue completely for longer belts :wink:

As is my motor mount stuck out more than the motor so when you pick the board up you are standing on the mount and not the motor. Scroll up to see a picture of my dual motor setup. @b264 also suggest I extend a little more than motor which can be easily done.
I currently have a rear twin drive 6374 motor mounted on TB218mm. Motors are installed on the kingpin side. I am able to setup that way because I extended my mount to accommodate the kingpin interference. As for evolve truck in theory keep extending the mount until you clear the kingpin stack. I am more than happy to accommodate getting your dual 6374 motors on your evolve truck. Let’s try to figure this out together @ARetardedPillow, @b264 , @pixelsilva,…

1 Like

Hey bro, do you know the distance between the two mounting plates of evolve truck?

1 Like

I can find out tonight

1 Like

The distance between the 2 trucks are not long enough to fit dual 6374s, I took one of the plates off the truck with a hacksaw as you can see in the other topic.

Maybe having tons of washers and long bolts to fit the mount onto the truck clamp would work

One possibility is to use my clamp as a mega washer (3/8" or 10mm thick) to elongated the distance between 2 plates. I would modify my clamp to a washer (the mother of all washers! esk8’ly speaking)

1 Like

@marcmt88 beautiful work brotha! I may just get my hands on one. I’ll PM you when ready. Hopefully you don’t stop making these anytime soon.

3 Likes

Another clamp design to fit a hex axle truck (Indeesz)

https://esk8content.nyc3.digitaloceanspaces.com/uploads/db2454/original/3X/6/5/6557efb128f207fbdcacc46c21f9bc8b945d5f2a.JPG

1 Like

A minimum requirement for mounting a dual 6374 motors is 172mm without the motor knocking each (taken from my setup using TB218mm)

Based on evolve measurement taken from @pixelsilva , width from plate to plate is 5 3/8" or 136.5mm + Plate thickness is 8mm. 136.5 + 8 + 8 = 152.5mm is not wide enough to accommodate dual 6374s.

Using my clamp which is 3/8" or 9.5mm as a “washer” gets you to 136.5 + 8 + 8 + 9.5 + 9.5 = 171.5mm.

Voila, Evolve truck has the potential of running a dual 6374s.

1 Like