Motor mount with dual idlers

I think he might have some clamps for trampa trucks this is an old thread he is current providing full drive system kits. you could always PM him

1 Like

Ok. Thank you!

@marcmt88 Hi, Can you help me a bit? Will I be able to fit sk3 6374 on torque 218mm reverse mounts side by side or I have to buy your mounts for that?

Sorry for the offtopic

Hey Vadym, I canā€™t tell you anything about the TB mount b/c I donā€™t have their mounts to confirm. My dual idler motor mounts do fit dual sks 6374 on TB 218mm as picture :point_down:

https://esk8content.nyc3.digitaloceanspaces.com/uploads/db2454/original/3X/1/0/109f06290122240a01900ebc07d6963536de5e4f.jpg

Anybody has a good idea if the Caliber II Drive System Kit (https://www.janux-esk8.com/product-page/caliber-drive-system-kit) will allow a dual motor 6355 (From TB) setup with 15mm belts on Caliber II trucks?

I searched a lot and there are lots of mixed information. If someone has a definitive answer it would help a lot!

Edit: Found some info on this thread

ā€œDual 6355s side-by-side would required some creativities and modification. With my current setup you have about 105mm between the 2 mounts, a minimum of 112mm (110mm for 2 motors and 2mm clearance between them) is required to run dual 6355s. You could extend the wheels out for the difference by using additional speed washer between the hangar and the axle. Another option is mounting the two diagonally on the same truck or 1 on front and 1 on back truck.ā€

@marcmt88 that answer was to someone asking about 15mm belts, with 12mm belts does the problem go away?

10 inch caliber IIā€™s with 12mm belts should fit

1 Like

Thank you. Ended up getting 2 of the caliber II mounts with 12mm belts. I was trying to get 15mm because I have another board with 12mm and it skips, that board doesnā€™t have idlers on the mounts tho, so my hope is that the idlers will be enough!

Youā€™ll be surprised how idlers improve breaking and minimize tooth skipping.

Yes, how much for 2 shipped to Texas for a set of 200mm surfrods?

Iā€™ll be using 6380 motors from TB

2 Likes

ā€¦still in the prototype stage

2 Likes

Do you plan on it being a completely different Mount kind of like the Evolve trucks. Or just a new ring so people can use your current mounts.

I plan on designing an adapter so it would work with my current motor arm.

2 Likes

Received my mounts yesterday, purchased last Wednesday and already have it on Tuesday and this is from US to Canada. Everything looks really high quality.

1 Like

wow, where I can get these idlers?

Please see go to Janux-esk8.com for my current product line.

hey marc i got your support already, I just would like to replace the bearings that came with it for this idlersā€¦ this is a stock product for other machine? Can I find it in a hardware store? Or you made them? if so I would get with youā€¦

by the way ā€¦ are they better than the old two bearings?

Idler bearings are just standard skate bearings which are readily available online such as ebay or amazon. I know ACE hardware carries them but are more expensive. Any size bearing works as long the ID is 8mm.

As for the POM idlers, they are custom made by me. They have single miniature bearing enclosed in POM housing.

2 Likes

So, Iā€™m an idiot. I ordered these without wondering if they would work with the current size belts I have. What belt size would you recommend? Iā€™m using a gear of 14:36 (motor:wheel).

What is the size of the motor arm, short, mid, or long?

I have the short size.