Motor mount moving help

Another option would be glueing your mount with liquid metall to the truck and secure it additionally with the screws. Didn’t have an issue since that :slight_smile:

1 Like

Yeah welding is better but not a thing most people can do at home JbWeld is just a two part epoxy mix for metal bonding it works super well though.

1 Like

@wafflejock my bad. Didn’t saw your post with the JbWeld. But that’s the way I would go for this mount.

I’ve used JB too. It’s called liquid Weld for a reason. :grinning:

All good, good to get verification from others and other ideas, echos are good sometimes :slight_smile:

1 Like

What is up with the screws going towards the wheel and spur gear?

I have spent countless hours trying to get that motor mount to work. I have replaced the set screws with M6 bolts that go into the truck. I have used aluminum brazing to try to ‘weld’ the mount to the truck. I finally get it to hold, and the mount eventually twisted.

1 Like

If you are looking at a wholesale replacement - many people (myself included) get Caliber II trucks (50* I see the most often). There are many different manufacturers for the mount - DIYe has one, enerion used to have one and people are now replicating it, and there are also other mounts that people have made specifically for that truck. I would search the forum for ‘caliber ii motor mount’ and you should get quite a few responses! I am still assembling my first board, so right now for the mount I purchased and the trucks it came to between $80-$100.

Alternatively - the JBWeld does sound like a better idea than screwing into your trucks! definitely would be ‘permanent’ for the mean time.

1 Like

I agree with most here. You get what you pay for, and ebay round mounts usually = frustration. Unless you can weld… Then it’s about their actual durability and bending…

I’ve tried a ton of mounts - not all are created equal. I’ve had ADS (v1), DIYes (v1, v2 (both modular),and newer v4), Enertion (CF version - not older one), psychotiller v1, and some of the ones made by folks here!

Definitely get one setup for Caliber II’s - avoids rotation. I fought with a ADS/paris 195’s setup and a PITA. (nice to squeeze dual 5065’s at the time, but stolen before i could fix.)

Enertion’s is stupid simple and solid, but less adjustable. Also probably not being made any more w/ him re-focusing on pre-built vs DIY.

DIYes are great mounts. Super high quality and a harder/tougher aluminum than most.

Haven’t tried @chaka’s mounts, but knowing him they are indestructable. I like the heatsinks built in!!

I’d take a look at @korryh’s mounts as a bargain. Super solid and as nice as more expensive, but a lot less $! I have his on my GF’s board and rock solid. He has a stainless motor plate option which can help squeeze wider motors dual rear vs thicker aluminum like most. I think it’s extra $, but might be worth it if tight on space.

HTH - GL!

+1 for Korryh mounts - mine has been really useful and without hassle…

i originally bought an enertion mount which is also great but not suitable for rear mounting the motor

Yeah I have one of the diy mounts not sure which version it still had a small amount of wiggle so I doused it in jbweld no problems with bending or anything though in over a year of almost daily riding (also crashed it into the pavement a few times and has been fine with just some scuff marks)

So after testing my motor mount again it still comes loose after cranking it down. I think the next thing will be using JB weld on it and testing.

I have also been looking around at Caliber trucks which is what everyone else is using and was wondering if these two sets would work together. I have looked at different sites for pricing and amazon had the cheapest and since its prime also free shipping.

Will these work together and is there anything else cheaper?

Trucks: $34.95 Motor mount: $59.98 Current motor is also listed if it will fit, I believe it is a 50mm motor

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00NY3Q5P4/ref=ox_sc_act_title_1?smid=A3DMYIN9K0RYXC&psc=1 https://www.amazon.com/dp/B073C6TJC5/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_dp_T1_juwCzbMC8Y552

I have that same mount and works great I just got some m6 bolts and drilled holes into the truck, then bolted them down really tight with loctite and it’s holding up really well so far

I have the same issues… :confused: I go use 2 components glue. Let me hope that it go hold

Did you drill all the way through? or just tap into the trucks and thread a m6 bolt?

I just drilled a hole into the aluminium bit of the truck

I second JB weld. When my motor mount came loose when I lazily used gorilla glue, I tried JB weld. It pretty much hardens like a cement. Very solid. I noticed a very slight increase in vibration but that maybe from something else I changed (components in enclosures).

I used Epoxy and it didn’t stick and just broke off☹️ So I got the bolts and drill the truck

Enertion mounts are a PITA to adjust the belt tension. Wouldn’t buy them again.

You may want to have a look at randal trucks, they seem to be less tapered compared to paris, but I have not tried them myself.