Motor Mount for Sidewinder Trucks

i found you can use a cheapo mount and attach it super securely to the sidewinders by drilling into them slightly through the holes for the set screws and putting a screw through. JB weld to fill it in and it’s crazy solid

Custom sidewinder super carvy (not ment for high speeds atleast for beginners) by the way those motors are 6374 149kv

I used these types of trucks:

And the sidewinders 2 doesnt matter what size or color but they fit nicely incase and i used psychotiller’s mounts but i have to mod them due to the size of the axle being 10mm. Still diy mounts might be better made to fit. Incase anyone is interested

Upgrade those bushings - I hit 47km/hr on my single drive. Here’s the template I used to make a bracket for the evolve single motor mount truck.

going to add lowguido’s spare bearing idler pulley to it - great idea.

I will be upgrading soon before i test it lol any recommendations?

I’m using a 90a road side and 87a top side. setup with the rear truck tighter than the front truck.

I will definitely be looking into these thank you

The answer to your prayers…

1 Like

I want this. I need this.

1 Like

I have this!

…a closer look at those Gullwing Sidewinders on that Alani Lani - Mauna 44" will reveal the exclusive mounts it sports…

Here is the link to buy these motor mounts which only fit the Gullwing Sidewinder II …

http://m.storefarm.naver.com/tboard/products/538285115

1 Like

I have that too, but this is my setup, I really want to fit dual 6374 sk3 motors on dual kingpin trucks

1 Like

Those motor mounts looks amazing, I have like 4 hobbyking motor mounts, 2 evolve motor plates and 2 enertion clones just laying around collecting dust

1 Like

I just wanted to get two Evolve front trucks and put those mounts (originally for the Gullwings - they are from a manufacturer called T Factory) on one of the front trucks but it was too much hassle. Then decided to get both front and rear Evolves a then get custom mounts, but havent been able to find them for the Evolves. So for now I’m sticking with the original Evolve mounts and will get Ollinboard motors (which fit them perfectly)… unless there is another alternative. Anything but the original Evolve motors. They are crappy. Whats your experience with the Evolve trucks??

i bought a rear and a front just because I thought that there was enough space for dual 6374 motors and it should be easy, I even bought the motor plates for 30 bucks a piece and then when I got the items, I realized that I was stupid and that they only fit 50xx motors. And as the retard I am I hacksawed one of the mounst on the rear truck and spent around 2 hours using a file to file the truck down and use my enertion clones that I got from @thisguyhere, used some skateboard hardware for the mounts and the way they fit onto the trucks arent really good since the motors are really really low and gets fucked up easily and one of the nuts scrap the floor really easily but its been holding on for a while and working well (about half of the nut is gone). And I poured a fuckton of money into this drive train and still cant get a hold of a clean proper drive train.

2 Likes