Morro Bay man finishes cross-country ride (on esk8) — and the Smithsonian gets his skateboard

mmaner…it was definitely epic. So many favorite things, just being able to ride everyday (except rain/rest days) was amazing. When you’re crossing America on an electric board you get to see everything up close and personal. I really enjoyed the wide open spaces and skies of eastern Wyoming. Jack%20-%20Eastern%20Wyoming

9 Likes

monsterbuilder…she didn’t follow, she would drive ahead 5-15 miles ahead and wait for me. She kept everything running smoothly, I couldn’t have done it without her. I am a very lucky man to have such a supportive wife. Here’s a shot of us at the Lincoln Memorial just before we finished on the steps of the Smithsonian Museum of American History. Jack%20Cathy%20Lincoln%20Memorial

14 Likes

Woww! You’re crazy and I LOVE IT!!!

5 Likes

Truly inspirational my friend. Hope for us old guys yet!

4 Likes

You are one lucky dude! Sounds like she enjoyed herself, in her own way. Thanks for sharing.

2 Likes

You Sir are my hero! As a 43 year old that never wants to give up skateboarding, your story is seriously inspirational. Thank you.

3 Likes

Now I’m imagining a week long Renegade event. I wonder how many states we can make it through in a week

6 Likes

Take some serious riding to make it out of Cali in a week.

2 Likes

Thanks Adam! If you’re ever near Morro Bay, California stop by the Morro Bay Skateboard Museum and I’ll give you a private tour, then we’ll go for a ride!

3 Likes

Thanks…stoked to be here!

2 Likes

Skunk…tell me more!

2 Likes

its a five day event which will include racing, meeting people, and we will do group rides at night through the city. Would love it you joined us!

more info here!

4 Likes

I’d love that and will take you up on it. My son actually goes to school at Cal Poly.

3 Likes

Hey Hummie, “thisguyhere” nailed it I had three Inboard M1s. Each one ended up being ridden about 900 miles. No braking? I think you are asking if any of them broke…only changed one wheel the entire ride and only had one overheat warning.

thisguyhere - sorry for the late reply. Thanks for the welcome. I would do it again in heartbeat!

Yep, Inboard supplied three M1s, 15 batteries and 4 chargers,

2 Likes

Wow what a grammatical blunder! Yea that’s what meant.

1 Like

Hi Pedrodemio - Thanks for following us! We had three interactions with the police/highway patrol. All of them were extremely positive. All were just interested in what we were up to. Two of them stopped to check on my wife as she was waiting in the support vehicle, and then ended up waiting with her until I arrived. Had two officers in Iowa help us get over the bridge that spans the Mississippi river.

3 Likes

Probably helps that you’re 62 and not 26. :wink:

1 Like

You may have a point. Though it’s interesting, on my four pushes across America, I think we had less than 10 encounters with the police, only three were negative, two of them by the same guy…eight years apart (1976 and 1984 in Wisconsin). In 1976 were all 19. Not sure if I posted this previously, here’s a link to an short film about the first ride. Beyond the Sidewalk

3 Likes

That’s the goal then, first one outta Cali wins

2 Likes