Morro Bay man finishes cross-country ride (on esk8) — and the Smithsonian gets his skateboard

Any one see this? You on here dude? Jack smith?

https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.sanluisobispo.com/news/local/article224536965.html#ampf=undefined

22 Likes

Wow the guys a legend…that’s inspirational :heart:

I hope he’s on here…he should be.

He’s one hell of a rider :vulcan_salute:

8 Likes

he’s also 62 years old, even more impressive! :slight_smile:

8 Likes

Even more impressive, he did this on hubs w/thin urethane. And this was his 5th cross country skateboard excursion. :exploding_head: Looks like he was riding an Inboard, but other articles showed him with an Evolve at the beginning. Crazy.

4 Likes

2 members of the french forum are planning to do a roadtrip of France this summer, 1800 km in total !

3 Likes

His poor wife. Sounds like she had to follow him with the car for 45 days.

6 Likes

Could you imagine driving cross-country that slow

5 Likes

This makes me want to do a cross-country Cannonball style race. Who can get from Dupont Circle in Washington DC to the pier in Santa Monica the fastest

8 Likes

We should get him here, and we all chip in to build him a board that’ll go a 100 miles per charge!

6 Likes

What about “inner state” style? Spend 2-4 days traveling the state to different places. Set the way points, provide charging @ way points. Hit each way point in order. Some way points would be charge only and others would be chill and charge (race breaks for entertainment and resting/sleeping). Next day starts the race again @ previous intervals. First one to last way point wins…

5 Likes

kind of sounds like ragnar, it’s 200 miles running split in teams.

this would take a massive time commitment and masters level planning.

get to it @J0ker3366

4 Likes

Someday we can do it Death Race style and get extra points for running cyclists off the road

4 Likes

Extra extra points for taking out cars???

2 Likes

Jack can be reached at [email protected]

3 Likes

A van hooked up with a bunch of extra generators connected to the drive so could charge a bunch of extra car batteries and then use them to charge boards w lipo or iron batteries at 20 amps and backrolling quickly sounds nice. If u wanted to do cross country.

But having a car following is hard to find but a super fast charger and a Starbucks w a huge allowable current draw and could go solo. Maybe a panhandling permant sign to pay for snacks along the way. And bring your tent and go for free. No planning. I bet people would come up on u while riding and fill your cup w money to support you continuing.

Anyone write the guy and ask him to tell the story n take questions here? Maybe we should skip him and ask his wife! I’ll write him if no one does

I wrote n linked him to this thread.

6 Likes

Whoever has a 25A charging system…

1 Like

Super long board with a beach chair and cruise control lol

1 Like

You’d need to use a Koastal Drifter deck for that or a Hamboard

2 Likes

Hey folks, Jack Smith here. I’m the old guy who rode Inboard M1s across America in September/October of 2018. Questions…ask away!

30 Likes

What’s happening :grinning:.

That’s really cool, the journey must have been epic. What was your favorite thing about the ride?

2 Likes