More $40-$55 Motors from Banggood (5045 200KV, 5060 280KV, 5065 200KV, 6368 280KV)

Those motors won’t fit on that motor mount. They have 38mm diameter mounting holes. The motor mount has 44mm diameter holes. Not many mounts fit these motors. The Evolve motor plate has the same mounting pattern. They’re available on their website.

1 Like

What are your thoughts on the 6068? does it overheat?

What motor pulley should I use on the sensored 6368?

It depends what gear ratio you want

The more torque the better, 15T would be the highest I’m willing to go though.

Yes that is good. I’m guessing 36 tooth wheel pulley?

You guessed right!

This universal motor mount would fit:

https://esk8content.nyc3.digitaloceanspaces.com/uploads/db2454/original/3X/c/e/ce30974c5e046c7eb46c97346ec0289161b07ee1.jpg

3 Likes

Hi, I have the same motor and similar ESC (cheap one) and I have great problem with programming because on load my board won’t start at all and motor stutter. Without load everything works proper.

I have to give the board a little push to start. It’s only 6s and with 7 inch wheels power is limited. Now I am using the racerstar 6068 280 kv with 83mm wheels and 12/27 gear and 6s and it gives me enough power to start on a stand still.

Does anyone have any tips for removing the bearings from these? Mine are a little rough after a lot of heavy rain use. I would like to replace with rubber sealed bearings packed with lithium grease. I got 5065 size.

Thanks! Can you tell me which setting have you used for that motor? I mean: Throttle Setting: Hard start/Soft start Timing: 1º/7º/15º/30º PWM: 8Khz/16khz

This beeping programming is really annoying. I think that problem is in ESC cause if I grab wheel by hand motor won’t start and stutter so it can’t handle even resistance of my hand. Which timing have you set? My gear is 12/40 and 7 inch wheel so quite powerfull.

I have the red brick ESC but I have not used it.

I had to disable brakes for that esc and build a servo powered brakes because the braking on that esc is too hard and you can’t cruise on it

I think your problem is the gear ratio. Most people run a 2.4:1 gear ratio on wheels nearly half that size. I bet that is the main issue

Mind to share how it looks? Im particularly interested in servo brake solution

Mountain board disc brake connected to servo would work well… I think

Yeh, it has been done before, would love to see which servo he used and how he pulls the cable vs how it is attached.

I’m out of my garage till Friday and I will send you photo of my construction. I must disappoint you cause I don’t have breaking system. I heard that motor give enough breaking power. I would like to say that my board is not designed for riding off road. 7 inch wheels are for uneven pavements in my city. I’m not sure about gear in my case is 3.3 :1. Without wheel and gear motor also stuttered when I squeeze outer case of motor in hand but i must do it very strong :slight_smile:

When I will be in garage I will check different options of timing in ESC and also I will measure current from batt to ESC when motor stutter.

Oh and the motor will always stutter a little if you are running it in sensorless mode