More $40-$55 Motors from Banggood (5045 200KV, 5060 280KV, 5065 200KV, 6368 280KV)

Yes type kv in the terminal and then divide that number by the number of poles. Please correct me if I’m wrong

Will try on sunday

1 Like

EDIT jlabs is right, divide by number of pole pairs (usually 7)

actually, the procedure is, go to terminal screen, type kv but don’t hit enter. full throttle, then hit enter. No math required.

I think I tested my 200kv banggood 5065, was around 180-190kv in vesc terminal. I got to about 28mph on a 10s 36t/16t. My first belt single, so I don’t have much to compare, but it felt good.

2 Likes

Thanks for feedback! So it seems like 200kv is lower in kv than written in specs. I wonder what is the situation with 280kv motor and also whenever load / belt attached makes the kv number lower, in theory i think it should.

Esk8 calc after all always reduces motor rpm, indicating it will be lower at load but still not sure can belt make this number that much lower compared to the test with no belt.

So i suspect for real no load motor kv test belt should not be attached to motor pulley.

Just tested the Racerstar 6368 BRD6368 280KV on BLDC. I ran the motor on full power on 8s and hit KV on terminal, came back at: Calculated KV: 1818.25 rpm/volt. does this mean the motor is 182 KV?

1 Like

Well it does not sound right to me but im also not sure what i can recommend. I think.it should have given u precise number or at least 5000 rpm or so, so that you can get kv rating by dividing max rpm by voltage at that moment.

1800 rpm sounds somewhat too low as max rpm and too much for rpm per volt

Humm, maybe I will just test max rpm on the realtime data and then divide that by the V. will have another go tomorrow.

I was wrong. Whatever you get in terminal with the kv command, divide by 7 (number of pole pairs, almost all the usual motors have 7).

In your case the result is 259.76. Might want to do it a few times. Maybe with belt removed.

I remeasured the 5065 (with belt/wheel), it rings up 1268 rpm/volt, 181kv.

I also have the 5045 (unloaded), 1368 rpm/volt, 195kv.

2 Likes

Great, that sounds much more like it! Will do some more testing tomorrow and report back with definitive KV.

1 Like

Do you like that 6368 :slight_smile: ?

Not sure yet, will be doing a build with it in the next couple of weeks just waiting for a few parts to arrive.

I would recommend the larger motor

Thanks @pat.speed this is the one I have. Why would you recommend the larger one, because its bigger or you have used it for some time?

@rolexbene I haven’t used that motor i would have just suggested a larger motor because it will run cooler and provide more torque. Although if the smaller one is running fine that’s great and there is no need for a larger motor

@deucesdown Thanks for clarification about pole pairs… forgot about such thing and im still not an vesc user.

The data you posted about 5045 unloaded motor sounds reliable. Would be nice to find out whenever wheel / belt attached to motor can bring down the kv number by about 14kv ?

Or the 5065 ones (or the one u have) just run slower / with less kv?

@rolexbene if kv number with wheel attaches is close to 260kv that’s pretty good, I was a bit scared it might be close to 300kv when unloaded and might lack some strenght / torque I need.

So yeh, non the less, nice to hear it stays around 260kv, which might prove to be just the sweet spot for the setup / build I need.

And big shout / thanks for posting the data @rolexbene ! I’ve been really curious about these motors since they seem a really good choice (price / power / construction wise) but there are not that many reviews / feedback about these motors.

I have seen a couple of evolve board riders have installed them but they usually dont share much info about their performance and other stats, just report the increased speed they get when installing 200kv ones.

Haha sorry dude I was replying to a different post and then I thought you were the guy I replied to. The 6368 will definitely be big enough

Ok so tested tonight with the new Vesc tool. results without belt wheel are solid at:

1884 /7 = 269kv

1 Like

I see that the 6386 motor, has a 10mm shaft. What do people do about the pulleys ? I believe the most of them is for 8mm ??

Personally I have done a bad job at drilling an 8mm 16t out to a 10mm. haven’t tested yet but looks a bit wonky, think you could do a ok job with a drill press though. After this I found a 20t 10mm on ebay as a backup.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/1Pcs-3M20T-Timing-Belt-Pulley-Gear-Sprocket-10mm-Bore-For-15mm-Width-Belt/162429095523?ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT&_trksid=p2060353.m2749.l2649

1 Like

Thanks

Exactly the one i needed also :slight_smile:

Btw. do you know if the sensored cable, fits directly in the vesc ?