More $40-$55 Motors from Banggood (5045 200KV, 5060 280KV, 5065 200KV, 6368 280KV)

Banggood issued me a refund so their cs is really good. I got to keep the 6386 motor. I have not done anyone with he motor yet. I did ordered a 5065 200kv motor from them because I felt guilty for getting a refund. I did not request a refund they just issued me a refund. I might have some free time this weekend so i will post an update.

3 Likes

Anyone know how to get this motor sensor cable in to the esc slot? Sensor is 5 pins and slot is 6 pins. And they are different plugs.

U probably have to find that type of connector… then just remove the wire you dont need… I believe one extra wire could be for temp sensor…

Shouldnt this be in the manual / datasheet for the motor? i think they mentioned what kind of sensor plug they got…

On a side not… u should look up is it worthy to install sensors for car esc at all… Im not entirely sure but it was possible that for car escs it sensored mode it did not work as smooth as it should…

Though, check on your own… as im not 100% sure this was the case…

hi guys just found this on Banggood

Have anyone try this before? the spec looks good

I like the idea that heatsink is exposed and that it has 3 caps…

Non the less, here is the ‘‘customization options’’ for FVT 120 (which in my opinion, is a bit ‘‘richer’’ compared to the ones shown for racerstar)

Here it is for RacerStar:

I do like that brake can be adjusted in about 10steps (fvt) instead of 4… also it is possible to ‘‘calibrate’’ throttle range, if you dont want max power available. 4 acceleration settings for fvt, instead of 3.

Plus, the usb link programmer for FVT costs 8usd, 15usd for ‘‘portable lcd box’’, for this one it costs something like 22 usd… so the price difference is not as big, if you count in the cost of programmers.

So, FVT: around 59 - 65 usd (usb or lcd box) Racerstar: 45usd (esc + programmer box)

Dont know about the sound of Racerstar Esc, but I personally think that FVT is quite silent and does not give off braking sound… (other than the fan noise, which is constantly spinning)

3 Likes

@Okami. Thank you very much

1 Like

Not saying racerstar is bad. It is just not tested, costs a bit less, also has a bit less functions / parameters.

Im most sceptical abou the noise, as I think these escs who have it are a bit annoying (though some say it is good for letting others know you are there lol)

1 Like

I got the 5065 200kv motor and was able to install it. It’s working and I have no issue with this motor. I am running it with 6s, car esc, single drive system and With 1:3 gear system.

The gear attached to the motor is a 15t M5 pulley. The gear is very hard get off. I had to buy a pulley remover to remove this pulley.

The racerstar motor looks exactly like the OM5065 motor. Even the sensor cable design is the same. Good deal $43 for a OM5065 motor.

2 Likes

Glad to hear it, how’s the performance? Also do you know what width the installed pulley is? 12mm, 15mm?

The pulleys ARE a pain the butt to remote. I had to remove them from my Evolve motors(same motor). After trying to use many tools, I found using an open end wrench(14mm in my case) worked awesome for removing it. You can stack two wrenches together once its off just a little bit(or any spacer really). I heated it up with a hair dryer before trying to take it off too(heat gun is at work :stuck_out_tongue: ).

1 Like

I’ve heard there are these special ‘‘pulley removers’’ with 3legs… but your ‘‘diy’’ solution sounds really good and simple!

1 Like

I use this pulley remover to remove the pulley. The pulley is 15mm wide.

Hello everyone, I am new here :grinning:

Did anyone knows if this ESC will work? It says RC CAR but no sure, new in e-boards haha

It is pretty cheap so…

thank you everyone

EDIT: just read 6v (3s batteries)

Hey guys I just received the sensored 140KV 5065. But not from banggood as they where sold out. I got it from aliexpress

The quality looks really nice but they are 70mm long and now I need wider trucks. I need 10 extra mm so I need a hanger that is at least 215mm wide with total axle around 300mm, anyone got any recommendations?

Anyone know the correct way to wire the sensor to the VESC?

I have not tried to remove the pulley yet but it is press fit and a tiny grub screw for extra security. Im going to try blow torch and spanner pry.

1 Like

where did you get the pulley? also alipress???

[quote=“kyo, post:56, topic:15433”] here did you get the pulley? also alipress?? [/quote] it comes pressed on the motor as standard.

Thank for a quick answer, How many teeth on the pulley? Is that 5M pulley?

[quote=“kyo, post:58, topic:15433”] How many teeth on the pulley? Is that 5M pulley? [/quote] HTD 5M 15Tooth 16mm wide.

1 Like

Is.it really htd5? I think stock one is 3htd…

Nice that u.ordered! Please.try.to.rig.something.up so that we get a review how these.motors.sound.and perform!

it is HTD5 - I use it on my pneumatics build. Annoying is just the different hole spacing so that it does not fit to regular SK3 motor mounts. In my case I simply just use 2 instead of 4 screws to hold it.

1 Like