Monster MTB (Turf DeVille skateboard)

Not sure where you are with this project these days, but here’s a full, like new Turfboard for sale for $145 shipped.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/223044668163

1 Like

Good eye, thanks! This one’s still going, but it’s on the back burner for now while I upgrade my existing board. I’m mainly interested in the wheels, and I’m not in the US, so I’ll have to write to the seller and see what we can work out. I’ll keep posting here as things develop. Thanks for the help!

1 Like

Spare parts are on ebay. Grab another truck/wheel set while you can

1 Like

Hey guys since there’s still some ongoing low key interest in this project- thanks very much bty!- I thought I should give an update on what exactly I’m planning to do here. First of all, I will NOT be doing a full restoration. The original concept, basically a snowboard with wheels, simply doesn’t interest me. Call me a traditionalist, I prefer my snowboarding without wheels. Second, here’s their most recent video (says 2010, but looks earlier): https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&source=web&rct=j&url=https://m.youtube.com/watch%3Fv%3DS1n6ljJ6z9c&ved=2ahUKEwjku5K3zeXcAhXHIMAKHQJHANsQwqsBMAF6BAgIEAU&usg=AOvVaw3iY8KaO9Mo_ovqaw5_NnSh Standing on something the height of two stairs with a narrow wheelbase, wobbly bushings, and stiffer than trampa springs is not something advisable in my opinion. The “historical value” (if any) also isn’t enough on its own to convince me. If I’m building something, it’s with the intention of using it, this is true of anything I build, not just esk8. With that in mind, here is what I am planning to do: Swing-arm truck designs are slowly starting to reappear, and I’m planning on building one using the turfboard tires and BMW streetcarver trucks. IMG_20180811_213110IMG_20180811_213154 I’m working on overhauling and upgrading my existing board first, so it might be a while before I can really get into this project. I do have a 29" jetspud deck waiting for this, and the plan is to have dual diagonal 63** motors. Currently all the eBay links are sold out, but I’ll keep my eyes open them. The tires were custom made for the board, so those at least are worth buying. I will be able to switch to regular trampa or MBS wheels and tires when they wear out though. If I can get around to it in the coming weeks I’ll start at least mounting the trucks and wheels to the deck, at which point I’ll also start a build log. Thank you all very much for the links you’ve sent and the interest you’ve shown. I will do my best to make it worth your patience (eventually)!

2 Likes

Hi guys I just saw your post on the Turf Deville I have two of them never used. One is assembled and rolled around the street a few times but never used and one is brand new still in the box. I bought them before I moved to Florida and never had the time to pursue. They are high quality components (almost aircraft grade) with beefy trucks tires and hand brakes. I will most likely remain in Florida and have to sell them.
Would love to see them find a home that will put them to good use Please contact me if interested

1 Like

Uploading: 3571DD90-2199-41FD-9C18-C9616E6D6596.jpeg… Uploading: 64465B64-74ED-487A-94AE-65D7B5C2AC0E.jpeg… Uploading: 2B145C85-930B-4094-8A5D-333D9CAA55F5.jpeg…

Here are a few pics