Monster Board | Trampa HolyPro 35º | 80100 180kv 8kW | FatBoy SS Gear Drive | 12S 3P 18Ah | Dual FocBox

It’s just temporary until I have Mark48 running :wink:

So yeah day 2 damn I miss my bindings trampa is like riding on couch you don’t need to do anything much don’t care about front foot lifting or bumps or other stuff happening. Today I was literally crying as muscle pain was massive since yesterday, and to turn was even harder with hurting muscles.

Still haven’t found a correct stance, my rear foot hurts from tension or etc… @Deckoz could you send picture how you stand on it?

Some other updates working on my 100% waterproof electronics. Will post up some pictures later this evening :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Sure I’ll send the one when I get home.

1 Like

Never mind I looked in youtube videos, and figured out, rear feet fingers out of board to help steer I think and front ankle is out of deck, I tried something similar this morning it didn’t hurt and was bit more controlable :stuck_out_tongue:

Yeah. My front heel is on the edge to get leverage. And my rear foot is basically halfway up the hump, sometimes I monkey toe my rear

3 Likes

i use sort of a downhill stance unless im going less than 10mph, front foot about 45 degrees from center of the truck with my heel over the edge of the board for better control(small adjustments with ankles when roads are bad) at speed and turning heelside. rear foot i try to align the ball of my foot(big toe lol) with the front foot big toe. i found this works good for me since the evo turns mostly from the front. weight distribution is almost all the time 60-70\30, more on the front. hope this helps :slight_smile:
oh and relax your hips a little and keep a stable core, specially your back muscles.

1 Like

So after some near death experiences I am switching back to trampa deck with bindings trampa trucks are not for me… :smiley: I will better build normal trucks with evo deck :slight_smile:

Also I spent some work yesterday and today on my London Rain Season preparation works :slight_smile:

For the battery I will use dry bag and some velcro pads :slight_smile:

10 Likes

Nice job on wiring the box. :heart_eyes:

Finally finished all electronics… Took several tries after closing case realising motor detection needs to be done, then later on finding that one motor is spinning bad direction and etc stuff…

Also used a dry bag to water proof my lipo packs :stuck_out_tongue:

So yeah now I will be calm about going for full down pour ride to work :stuck_out_tongue: I also got full rain suite, boot covers and etc stuff :stuck_out_tongue:

8 Likes

what happened?

Interesting, so you connect grounds on the Can Bus?

Yes, I try to connect grounds everywhere where possible, ensure low noise :slight_smile: Even if it shares same ground from battery :slight_smile:

1 Like

Damn I forgot to swap my dampas back to hard ones… :smiley: Today was really fun morning carve run to the work… In the middle of the ride one motor stopped spinning looked like it lost CAN connection or etc because iOS App couldn’t connect to it over can forward. I was like yep popped DRV came to office took apart lid no error light or etc restarted power boom it spins… So now I am bit confused like WTF happened :smiley: Probably will return back to split ppm…

@sk8l8r the deck is to high 20cm from ground, was riding at bit higher speed and big bump caused me turn bit side and because of high deck I almost fell off of it to the side right in front of incoming car damn was scary :smiley: So I am back to bindings

1 Like

Hope this helps some.

3 Likes

Yep, that’s exactly what I was doing after researching :slight_smile: Btw how are the gears?

Awesome. Lol still never going back to belts for a speed deck.

3 Likes

sounds like its stuttering, not sure how to accurate describe the sounds but I notice it when you let off the throttle. Any idea why it does that?

Also I like the color of the SZ. they really pop with the width especially

Edit:

I hear it at around 0:44 hmmmm

It’s the backlash I have set, when free coasting down the hill, it’s backlash chatter.

You can setup any gear type to have little to no backlash to minimize noise, but lack of backlash causes constant pressure on the pressure points inducing premature wear and unnecessarily pressure angles. I setup these gears backlash based off the tooth type and spacing for longevity.

1 Like

Ok never encountered the term backlash before so I’ve got some reading to do but thanks. Most likely gonna set mine up along those lines as well give your explanation lol Can’t wait to get my build on the road and see how much I can play around with that too. Thanks Deckoz!

1 Like

@Wraith

svg

You can see the teeth could be further in mesh(closer together), which would also shrink the backlash. The smaller the backlash, the further misalligned the pressure angles (dotted circles) will be, inducing premature wear which can break teeth from over pressure

Same goes with to large of a backlash. You can strip the tips of the teeth off. So backlash is one of those things you can adjust for noise/wear patterns etc

6 Likes

Okay that pretty much explains it :laughing:

Ohh I see so the larger the backlash(to some extent) the better the expected wear on them due to proper alignment?

How did you set these? I can’t move the gears to set the amount backlash without altering the distance which requires modifications to the mount location and so on? Or am I over thinking this lol