Monster Board | Trampa HolyPro 35º | 80100 180kv 8kW | FatBoy SS Gear Drive | 12S 3P 18Ah | Dual FocBox

Helicals == problems :wink: No pictures at the moment, but it will be kinda hardcore gear drive :slight_smile:

For Trampa MTB , it needs to be hardcore :grinning:

Well this was nice, went for a ride but with half sensored half sensorless accidentally dropped motor, and sensor wire broke inside the wire sleeve was lazy to fix as I wanted go for a ride but in the end was pretty fun.

Was hitting ERPM limit several times, its fun then whole board just bumps at top speed :smiley: These motors have strange vibration sound at specific RPM range sounds kinda electric but also bit mechanical don’t know where its coming from but its similar to those APS 8072 making noises…

Have to do some fixations on the wiring, also will try to add 3rd pack to the deck for bit longer rides at the moment able to do 15mi (25km) with 2P but there is going to be some group rides this weekend so want to spend more time riding than charging :smiley:

2 Likes

48mph!!! Damn dude. That is scary

Isnt it risky (48mph) on a flexy trampaboard?!

1 Like

It’s risky to do 48mph on any board

4 Likes

If you go out to the Front door it is life risking… Anything is risky…

But it is especially risky if you ride a trampa MtB over 30mph/50kmh because the body and Wind resistance pushes the Board back and the Motors Pull to the Front. That way you compress the board like a spring (–> <–) and when You Release the throttle the Board Releases the tension (–> _____) and the Board goes under your feet a bit backwards. That can easily pur you out of Balance.

3 Likes

Well, I found my motor noise source… I guess my motors were hard dropped while shipping as I can’t imagine any other way to brake magnet as the noise was right from beginning…

3 Likes

So after swapping bell from old motor to this, and waiting for new rotor everything was fine until friday critical mass ride, come back home I found another motor retention ring was climbing out… And now I know why that ring climbs out:

Because almost all magnets are broken out of the glue… I literally managed to slide all magnets with just fingers…

End cap is also glue broken I managed to get it out with simple knocking on the axle…

So I took Loctite 648 and started assembling it from scratch…

Everything assembled fine, but I guess if fcked with one polarity of magnet because it doesn’t spin freely on the stator…

But the worst thing early before the critical mass ride I got replacement rotor from APS so I will probably use that one… This time I sank the whole rotor in 648 so it wouldn’t unglue by itself…

Btw, I am looking into getting good quality motors, not with epoxy used to glue magnets but some serious stuff which holds up until 120ºC not starts cracking at low temperature…

6 Likes

Looks like they are using cheap glue or epoxy to begin with. It’s a well known trick to keep the cost of manufacturing down and has plagued the Multi rotor industry for some time untill the news was spread and the manufacturer was forced to utilize the more expensive high temp glue/sales decreased significantly.

1 Like

I wished the same would happen with our esk8 motors… Because I am bit tired of getting fix motors right now… At first it was focboxes, now its motor… I see I will need to make own motors soon too :laughing:

6 Likes

if you make, put me on a preorder list :wink:

So today got many stuff in the post, new tires for autumn sleeks are bit slidey on wet surfaces, black buckets for mud guards, connectors for sensor cable for small update to my project will post soon as would get all the parts for it and 35º risers.

So the project will have overlap with Mark 48 :smiley: Will by trying out Evo deck instead of trampa deck. Should be fun with back 20º and front 50º trucks maybe it will be more stable and turnable will see but I can’t imagine evo deck on 8" wheels :smiley:

3 Likes

Nice, what’s the 6 pin connector called? Is there a surface mount version for mounting to enclosures?

1 Like

Yeah there are cable mount plug and receptacle and panel mount they are like 4-5£/ea on farnell.

1 Like

After swapping deck and trying out… I am done with Trampa decks… Stability, turn-ability, stability is off the peak. The evo deck angles just makes even more better. At the back now is 20º and front is 50º back is clearly visible that it doesn’t turn much but front is super turnable. I tried with my original blue dampas it was still turnable and stable without bindings but I changed to green ones as I want to carve bit more. I tried out today with green ones to the work so summary that I need to work on normal longboard stance (if you forget to put whole weight going over a bump you can jump off the deck :smiley: ) and work on my stance. There was one 90º turn which I couldn’t make but it was because I placed my foot incorrectly at that moment.

I also changed my fenders to black ones and now what is left to is change esc enclosure to fully water proof one.

Sorry @Deckoz but I am stealing your evo naming template and calling this Monster Evo :smiley:

12 Likes

Sick build. I thought you wanted to go for regular longboard trucks instead of spring type ?

And where is that gear noise video :slight_smile: ?

1 Like

I will still go, but at the moment I wanted to test risers, but I fell in love with this deck on trampa trucks :smiley: So until I work on esc and other components for Mark48 I will use this :slight_smile:

This looks amazing, nice work

Now what’s left is to switch to mbs matrix 2 trucks and get away from springs

1 Like