Monster Board | Trampa HolyPro 35º | 80100 180kv 8kW | FatBoy SS Gear Drive | 12S 3P 18Ah | Dual FocBox

Ohh gotcha it was a result of your accident from the previous plastic hubs? you mean to say the gears connected to the wheel were getting hit by debris? sorry trying to picture what actually happened :laughing:

Nah wheel hub broke, lost truthiness and then tube got punctured and tire got off wheelhub and I rode on wheel gear so whole weight on gear

1 Like

Damn 100m riding on the wheel gear! no wonder you needed a new gear drive. Good thing the V2’s arrived in time for you. Hoping to place my order tom.

I’m looking forward to a similar experience with those wheel hubs! they look way beefier than the Trampa hubs. They look alot like automobile wheels already, just goes to show the top notch quality. tubes shouldn’t be puncture when its made completely out of steel now!

They didn’t brake, but got hit hard when it landed on it, I was still riding until yesterday, they sounded like scooter with exhaust pipe cut off but still worked…

1 Like

Those things are built like tanks! if they run just fine albeit abit louder. That inspires confidence cause the gears won’t fail and can be sure youre safe with using them :smile:

But don’t forget 1:3 is more street version… 1:5 is more hardcore…

1 Like

Right I’ll be sure to keep within limits! I could go on abit offroad with 1:3 like say gravel or dirt paths? Whats the furthest I can take it that is still safe? No dirt bike tracks or anything for sure :smile: I do plan mostly on roads like bad concrete or asphalt but I don’t plan on riding through a forest or mountain cause that requires more serious gear drive

I mean you can ride normally like no problem on anything, but hardcore braking, jumping and etc its not suited for those small gears :slight_smile:

1 Like

Oh alright I’ll remember that. When you mean hardcore braking, like hitting the throttle all the way down? Should I be worried in the event I gotta do an emergency break or can I just tune the Vesc to apply a lower maximum braking power enough to keep the gears safe so I won’t need to worry about everyday usage?

I mean nobody usually brakes with full force without bindings as you will fly off, but for trampa with bindings hard core brakings with instant stop are easy, but 1:3 on normal longboard will never should encounter with these kind of hard brakings.

2 Likes

okay right you meant theoretically full force breaking lol yeah I won’t be using bindings on my build and I don’t plan on launching myself off the board. Probably catapult me into space if I tried :laughing:

Will hardcore accelerating be a problem too or would it be impossible to do without bindings as well?

Okay so that kind of braking will never really be possible for my usage and thats good to know as well. Thanks @kug3lis!

Acceleration is nothing compared to braking…

1 Like

okay one less thing to think about! :smile:

Also another point I discovered while started taking apart the old gear drive instantly after coming back is that motor heat is transferred to gear drive and hanger so basically its really good cooling solution for these 32ºC temperatures in London…

Finally replacement motors arrived :slight_smile: 6384 200kV from APS. Finally will be able to make a video of how sound is different compared to v1 gear drive as all the noise was coming from one motor

6 Likes

the sound of these drives is sooooo GOOD!

It should be even more silent that now motors will not make much noise it even spins more freely compared to 170kv which I was able to feel resistance

The day you make a normal 5 : 1 gear drive for Trampa MTB trucks, im all in :sunglasses::grinning:

1 Like

We are making some heavy duty stuff with 80mm support metal reinforcement and other good good stuff… Size around wheel hub size.

One person will be getting it for heavy duty testing :slight_smile: If anyone is also interest PM me :slight_smile:

Pics or it didn’t happen :heart_eyes::heart_eyes: sound awesome, helican or normal ?