Monster Board | Trampa HolyPro 35º | 80100 180kv 8kW | FatBoy SS Gear Drive | 12S 3P 18Ah | Dual FocBox

I think riding on the streets with bindings is a bit like having a deathwish. Too much shit that can go wrong. And when it goes wrong you can’t get away. And if you don’t ride with heel straps then sooner or later it is very likely the board will break your foot or leg. In the woods it’s another story.

I had same thoughts until I wanted to ride faster & faster… In the end bindings without heel strap saved me yesterday from falling of the deck… So I am kinda happy I had bindings because board dipped like 45 degrees to bottom

Another run of Fatboy hubs?

So yesterday I received new FocBox from another person which was definitely new no usage mark or etc, changed plugs added to the case did motor detection and etc everything was working fine, did some inside ride (10m or so) worked fine went out finally for a ride outside haven’t been on board for a month and public transport in London sucks so badly (Central line who knows :joy:) and bamn 2 meters and DRV error on new FocBox… Came back home, check PCB, DRV looks like nothing happened but when I plug power it heats up so I think something is bad with DRV :frowning: Sad thing is that warranty is down as I replaced connectors. Will try to replace DRV…

I also ordered 1 new one from Enertion as nobody has in stock in Europe :frowning: @onloop could you check delivery times on order #20213?

Another week without a board :frowning:

P.S. Stupid idea I had today as inside my apartment today was like 36ºC. The idea is to connect big as propeller to 64** motor and use it as a fan :smiley: would vesc be able to handle it :smiley:

1 Like

It’s the worst! Hottest line on the network in my opinion.

Yeah… Will be trying out jubilee + northern tomorrow :slight_smile:

So apparently Enertion is so busy after sales that it will be only shipped by end of the week… WTF how they work I have no idea…

Can you get the drv repaired while waiting? Or I can loan you a new one if you want in the interim

So as I was fixing all the wiring, sleeving and etc, just before getting tomorrow my drv I checked all gear drives if it spins correctly and shit…

One motor everything fine, the other one (the same which blew previous vesc) did same thing as new I got before…

So I was like this motor is for *** bad or etc, took multimeter, measured phases on wire is dead like zero contact with the world… checked cables and next base where windings attaches to phase wire its broken inside heat-shrink…

So thanks god Farnell is like next day delivery should get DRV on Thursday…

So be careful guys, always check your motor phase wires, if one is damaged it can kill your ESC :slight_smile:

5 Likes

Hey guys, maybe someone knows why motor magnet retainer starts to climb out of bell? I have hammered it down yesterday and was working fine for like 12 mi to work, now I see it climbed out a bit again. I ordered Loctite 648 to glue it in, but have no idea how to remove it :smiley:

2 Likes

On the other side some good news, received my upgrade package for my board, as I have already 3.5k miles on it and gears are not the best shape, after broken wheel hub and other stuff happened it was screaming as someone was killing it.

So I got FatBoy Solid Core Wheel hubs and v2 of 1:5 gear drive. Can’t wait to get back home from work to be able assembly it.

4 Likes

Yesterday, after rushing back home after work. I installed new parts, FatBoy Solid Core Wheel Hubs and newFatBoy Inner Gear Drive Train 1:5 for Trampa.

It was fun to take all wheels apart and change wheel hubs, dirtiest work on the board I guess and all brake dust and etc is present on wheels…

The wheel hub structure is so THICCC it’s like not even comparable to original plastic ones, its one massive wheel hub… I was thinking maybe even polish them for more bling bling

Also now wheel hubs, come with high quality bearings (not comparable to Trampa ones and bearing spacer)

Mouting wheel gear is much easier as you can now tighten them really well as there are no more plastic which can brake and etc :smiley:

Also I changing all my bolts to Torx ones, as I hate to use drill to drill off the head then head spins off…

The new motor mounting plate is way much better

Wheel hub bolts now are from behind and need no more hammering to get it on.

11 Likes

So went for the first ride. First notice just from pulling board to outside, sound is much nicier than pulling board compared to previous one. That’s a big plus, I hate to pull my board through office and everyone looks at me like who is making that noise :smiley:

First step on the board and first push on throttle… I was like where is sound there was no sound compared to previous one it was some but not like before it’s completely different also the whole feeling is much smoother the new drive train just flows you press throttle and it just goes doesn’t feel like motors have to struggle to push the board it just goes…

I was amazed… Did some turns around the home and went to the road around thames CS3 road in London from Blackwall, damn the wheel hubs… I didn’t thought it will make such big difference in riding experience the board just flows… No more vibrations at higher speeds or anything, it also rolls much further I don’t know if its related to gear drive or just wheels I can push lot more and just coast much further than before. One noticeable thing is jumping those wheel hubs are bit heavier than plastic, and also they don’t absorb the jump like plastic ones, so you feel it with whole board.

Went for speed runs, and now to reach top speed is super easy, and it feels supper stable ( I am running red dampas in front and blue one in the back)

P.S. I need new motors, my current one magent retention ring touches motor baseplate and makes noise too…

6 Likes

Just to compare to previous here is video using same phone :smiley:

1 Like

Where did all the marks on the hangar come from?

I used a bit of sand paper to sand down paint as previous drive didn’t fit perfectly, but even on painted added same as this.

1 Like

Ah shouldn’t be a problem for the v2 drives right?

Nope, they move super easy

1 Like

The gears were wearing down on the v1 1:5? was it normal wear from standard use? I was under the impression that they would last longer before needing to replace the gears

I had wheel hub breaking while riding, so had like 100m on wheel gear riding which deformed plastic and etc problems :smiley: