Monster Board | Trampa HolyPro 35º | 80100 180kv 8kW | FatBoy SS Gear Drive | 12S 3P 18Ah | Dual FocBox

It’s nothing my single pack can handle that much alone without warming up :smiley:

BTW I am charging my pack in 6S4P so I am charging 6S 24Ah so a bit more than 1C

3 Likes

are you thinking of going lithium ion batteries in the future?

My evo project will be 12S15P because there lipos are bit on expensive side…

3 Likes

jesus. go big or go home ehh

Go hard or Go home indeed, biggest battery on a board

So I was going home today and somehow I felt super fast so I filmed the end of my journey home with iphone so don’t expect good quality :smiley:

At 0:34 I got speed wobble at 60km/h according to app, also whole video avg is 35km/h

11 Likes

I ordered some replacements parts for FocBox and some dampas as my other ones are drilled through and etc I still miss stability running yellow in back and red in front, so will be swapping reds to blue ones.

BTW @trampa Royal mail (untracked) was faster than 24h ParcelForce :smiley:

2 Likes

Is that a huge order of directFET?

1 Like

Nah it’s MCU :wink:

I changed my rear dampas to blue (had some problems as metal insert inside spring holder started to spin itself @trampa that’s a bit design flaw…)

I took a Chinese Pro camera and went out for a test ride to see the difference instantly I felt turning is limited, but stability is oh boy… I was riding top speeds and my body just waits for that wobble to begin and gets stiff and etc but no wobble or anything else supper happy with this setup right now.

As mSD card was FAT32 camera split videos in clips and at the moment I don’t have tool to merge them so I just uploaded all of them to youtube :smiley:

2 Likes

The Inserts are custom designed, A4 stainless and spinning inserts have never been an issue so far. If you don’t crank down the screw like hell the spring retainers last for ages. No mater how good the steel interlocks with the plastic, there is a point where the plastic is the weakest link in the chain. We made the inserts mega big to increase the surface area as much as humanly possible.

So after this morning commute I can say blue/red combo is way too stable, like literally I don’t need any effort to ride high speeds I was going down hill on throttle to overreach my top speed to see if at higher speed I will get wobbles but nope its just stable. So far I love this setup and I think I will stick to it.

3 Likes

just unscrew the top adjuster and use a clamp to angle the trucks. You can then slide out the top of the springs to work on/exchange the dampers without having to remove those bloody bottom spring holders.

They spin here too…mainly because of loctite. One could not be loosened straight from the factory and I had to apply heat before it would let go.

What’s the time stamp of 66.4km/h :astonished::astonished:

OMG…

Just did a testrun with the custom dampas from @Kug3lis in the back … They are the shit… Stable in neutral position, when going fast forward, no speed wobbles at all, and yet super carvyyyyy :heart_eyes::heart_eyes: I have yellow trampa dampas in the front at the moment, but i will replace them with these orange ones now, and give it at go :ok_hand:

4 Likes

So yeah, after yesterday group riding was going home when one plastic wheel hub broke at 30-50km/h speed don’t know exactly which hit the brakes as it started to wobble supper hard, the tire tube broke, I think focbox is also fried as motor wasn’t spinning anymore. Thanks god I was with bindings otherwise I would had been laying on the ground or etc so yeah took Uber back home and didn’t looked at board as I was supper pissed…

So I think I need alu wheel hubs on this board like asap… it’s freaking scary

Take some pics, curious to see where the break is.

Plastic outside rim broke in half

So did the hub break which then caused the inner tube to burst. Or did the tube burst and then the hub broke as the weight went directly onto the rim from the flat tyre.

don’t really know which happened first, but I know that then something broke destroyed the inner tube and tire havent look much at dmg as I was super pissed but today after work going to look at it…