Monster Board | Trampa HolyPro 35º | 80100 180kv 8kW | FatBoy SS Gear Drive | 12S 3P 18Ah | Dual FocBox

Dont know yet, if I am going to keep this monster, will depend how my another project will feel :slight_smile:

Small update. Change the tires to street ones, added bindings changed dampas to red ones (was going back to yellow then green ones) Now I am riding bit higher speeds so stability is important :slight_smile: Also fixed my battery mounting using velcro tape as lipo bags started making fiber glass dust and it was getting pain in the ass to charge it :slight_smile:

Small problem with this velcro…

3 Likes

Some of my commute rides :slight_smile:

1 Like

72 km/h?? Holy shit man

Bicycle highways is like normal highway no cars no people just two flat lanes without any potholes :smiley:

3 Likes

So yeah I burned my Nano-X receiver… No board for tomorrow and weekend…

How did you manage to do that?

You coming to the Evolve Cyclopark event on Sunday? I have a spare nano x remote and receiver that you can borrow if you want.

2 Likes

Also @BoostedBuilder as well as @stormboard1 are selling this remote…those speeds are serious, helmet/pads every time!

1 Like

Thanks for @makevoid for lending me receiver until I receive my one :slight_smile: Today went for a ride with @egzplicit around London with his friend :stuck_out_tongue:

This is my ride back home from hide park :stuck_out_tongue:

4 Likes

Finally got enough of XT90 connectors to make enough parallel adapters to charge 12S2P as 6S4P so I could charge with one go :slight_smile:

1 Like

So I was coasting back home like usual ~40-50km/h nothing special and then bamn one motor disappeared. I stopped with in mind idea fucking focbox blown or etc… Looked at faults no faults, took of lid checked focboxes evertyhing looks fine I apply throttle green LED turns on and etc. So I just assumed motor died, so I took it off and went back home without it.

It was first time with single gear drive and 6384 going back home oh boy it was a journey… I remember @Pingo03 was asking about 6384 as single motor…

I don’t know how with urethane’s but oh boy with my street 8" tires it was fun can’t drive any faster than 10km or any sudden acceleration wheel spins in place… Brakes barely works… Damn it was fun to go downhill felt like on normal longboard whole board felt like its running freely brakes managed to slow down a bit but still not enough… Also torque steering is way too big on single drive… And last thing as I drive with motorcycle full helmet I usually don’t hear/mind gear drive sound I know its loud but with helmet you can’t hear it that much… But oh boy my gear drive was screaming from the load… IT was crying for help…

So came back home first test of simple motor phase shortening and spinning to see if there is resistance all phases passed. Next step was connecting focbox to tool… Damn it was scary I connected wrote faults and says no faults, I am like okay… I tried to spin motor I see like 0.5A drawn and nothing spinning… Took lid again and I see from first watch DRV popped and magic smell…

Ech at least I have another focboxes which I was suppose to send back home for test board oh well I need to get to work tomorrow so… :smiley:

2 Likes

That SUCKS man! Have you figured out what happened to the motor?

Just out of the blue the drv plopped… Woah. Did you use foc or bldc mode?

If I remember correctly you did run above max A rating for the focbox…

I think DRV popped while I was driving back home with disconnected motor… I remember looking first thing at DRV and nothing wrong was with it… I fixed it but just didn’t finished everything as I was shortening phase wires. Also I really hate JST PH sensor connector… One pin broke inside and shortened 5V so another DRV is dead too… Now I can cook pancakes on DRV :smiley:

@egzplicit yes I am running higher currents but basically I never climb higher than 60A on normal riding I experience over 60A only on steep ass hills

1 Like

Did you disconnect the phase wires or the battery? And did you leave the CAN wire connected?

I disconnected phase wires and sensor wire. I don’t use CAN split ppm but my connections are soldered so didn’t have chance to disconnected (so many times got unconnected)

So 24h later board is running again, also shortened wires and etc not looks bit more cleaner…

P.S. I love my charger :smiley:

3 Likes

25 amps… Woah easy there tiger

1 Like