Monster Board | Trampa HolyPro 35º | 80100 180kv 8kW | FatBoy SS Gear Drive | 12S 3P 18Ah | Dual FocBox

People also have been drilling through the centre ball, 90deg to compression axis. Same can be done on top and bottom ball. They might not last as long as unmodified dampas and should be inspected on a regular basis.

1 Like

@trampa @Eboosted tried that with green dampas (in the front) as I though yellow ones will loose stability at higher speed and I was right now I have turn ability again and I think it is still stable at higher speeds, but it was way too cold/windy/rainy to try more :slight_smile:

Also have in plans to replace my deck to 17 ply as now the deck sometimes starts flexing on its own at high speeds (scary shit)

I am going to replace my dampas to orange ones today after work and will try them out, they already are way more squashable so it will allow more turning while still working as dampeners :slight_smile: Can’t wait to try them out

1 Like

Never seen orange dampas before, what their shore rating? They new?

They are still secret but they are 50A :slight_smile:

1 Like

So yeah went out after swapping them… Two words:

F**CKING AMAZING…

So yeah it’s a freaking god stuff… I have full turn-ability kinda same as without dampas (these are really squeezable) and I was oh yeah turnable but high speed will wobble like hell Oh boy I was wrong…

I reached top speed like 6 times…

All small bumps I had kinda disappeared from feeling now I can go through London style speedbumps without even braking… Small potholes and etc which would cause the board to shift now doesn’t even make a difference…

So yeah my custom formula is a big success going to make another two for back trucks cause now in the back is yellows with holes…

No more holes… No more sacrificed turnability…

Can’t wait for tomorrow rides :stuck_out_tongue:

11 Likes

Why not add a trampa flex bridge? You know the part which is added to the middle which removes flex

You could even just buy a piece of carbon fibre plate to do the same thing

Yes, but I will need to drill holes, glue it and etc I don’t want to do it :wink:

1 Like

Do you make these dampas by youself ?

I have yellow dampas in front, and love how they handle speedwobbles… But tight turns, is harder now…

Are those orange ones Nirvana :sunglasses:

Yes, made a mold and casted using custom 50A formula

Yes, nirvana orange :slight_smile:

It’s like 2x more squeezable than yellow ones… I can squeeze small balls into big one :slight_smile:

Pretty :sunglasses: what about precasting harder shore balls and putting them in the mold and filling with 50 shore dunno science

Dont see the point… You will loose turn-ability as harder one will limit turning… For my needs its stable at my top speed so I don’t need nothing else :smiley:

If it works for you I’m sure you know

1 Like

So did you invent orange dampas?

Can you send me a set for testing purposes?

1 Like

I think we all want that :slight_smile:

2 Likes

I swapped yesterday the back ones to orange too, at first it was bit scary too much turnability and bit was unstable. Rode for like 20-30km and then I went on my normal route to work for a night group ride… Damn it was amazing experience it felt really nice turnability is cool I always touch my front foot to wheel, stability is good until max speeds. There will be some videos about my board because according to others it is a monster… I thought it was just normal board :smiley: Had one speed wobble on cam at top speed was scary as fuck but it was 55km/h…

@Eboosted @Silverline I can try to make a set for your guys if I have enough material. Is 20£ + 4£ shipping a good price?

P.S. They are not cosmetically the nicest ones but it does it job.

Count me in My Urban Carver with yellow dampas is waiting :slight_smile:

At the moment i have yellow in front, springs in inner Hole, the back without dampas and spring in outer Hole… Like i said, this setup gives med zerro speedwobbles, but tight turning is not that greate anymore. How would you start placing the orange one ?

I am on full truck size have front inner spring position and rear outer position with orange dampas in front and back.

I will try to cast over these days