Modular All Terrain Gear Drive

Ah ok, i thought I have seen it somewhere bit couldn’t find it on the etoxx website. :ok_hand::+1:

Any chance?

Yeah eventually. But…

Stay away from APS, they have good service but bad motors

1 Like

Especially the 8072…you can search about it here. It’s a nice size but people had a lot of issues with them.

I remember noise issues, two differs people

The Leopards are in the crosshairs

Unfortunately we don’t have so much choice if it comes to 80xxx motors and all have there downsides. APS - quality I not constant Leopard - expensive and only 8072 Maytech - low amp rating (max 80a) Chinese nonames - you never know what you get and no CS if something goes wrong.

So in fact APS is not s bad choice in this case. The price is good and as min they have a customer service, so if your motor fucks up you get a replacement.

4 Likes

Hi guys, you might have seen some pictures from the pictures thread but I am just redesigning a couple of things, mainly the clamps.

IMG_20190209_103441

I’ve also sent 2 prototypes to @mmaner

19 Likes

@mmaner you lucky sausage you!

4 Likes

He wouldn’t stop begging

5 Likes

I don’t beg … I ask nicely, if that doesn’t work I kindly discuss your physique and female parentage until I get what I want :grinning:.

13 Likes

I shall use this tacktic in future @mmaner

2 Likes

Surprisingly, it works. Except on @Sender, he don’t give a damn :grinning:.

6 Likes

I’m sure sender has an achillies heal. The question is… what

2 Likes

He actually hides it under his beard. Only problem is you can’t touch the beard or you die immediately. I’m still working on it

2 Likes

I believe Ben and I are also going to give these a test blast for science and feedback. I trust moonbergs design process, so much went in to this.

I’ll take them through sand and hate on haggy wheels and six shooters, Ben is like 14 feet tall so the leverage test will be intense.

6 Likes

I heard he drank a bottle of Jameson and woke up with this on his computer with no recollection of how it got there.

My kind of design process!

I went through a similar process in making all 3 of my kids!

8 Likes

inebriation Is the route to all fantastic art forms

1 Like

That’s how I got through college :grinning:

3 Likes

Design process was lengthy but hopefully MFG won’t let me down. I trust my design and hope it goes well

3 Likes

It really looks great.

I am just happy @mmaner is a tester, that means I get to check it out and test it too!

Can you say BUILD PARTY!!!

6 Likes