Modular All Terrain Gear Drive

How do you think a 4wd 4.4:1 on Trampa hangers running 9” would work @moon @Andy87 130kv being the idea

And any price break on 4wd vs 2wd?

2 Likes

Yeah probably :ok_hand:

3 Likes

I‘ll let you know how it works on dual with 170kV and 8“. If that works well 130kV and 9“ should be fine too. But we will see. I think there is a reason why jenso and trampa go with 1:5 or even 1:6

2 Likes

@moon man, MBS ATS 12 trucks in the lineup or am I just going to have to buy the Matrix 2s?

1 Like

The last one, because you need to make me an aluminum base plate too :joy:

2 Likes

True but 4wd would make a large difference looking forward to reading your tests!

2 Likes

I’m going to check that for you, do you already have a motor mount for it?

1 Like

Shipped out 3.5 weeks ago from Poland. 3-5 week delivery time. Any damn day now.

2 Likes

Maybe less strain on the drive train

I think a lot depends on the terrain you will drive at. Like @taz said in his area a 1:4.4 will probably be not enough. For my area it’s probably more than enough and I like the extra speed I can get with it. For 8“ (180mm) and 170kV that would be geared to 52km/h which seems a pretty sweet spot for me.

1 Like

Yeah running the numbers but not sure of the teeth number motor/drive wheels for 4.4 @moon

Roughly this but range takes a whoopin https://calc.3dservisas.eu/?TZDNCsIwEITfJWeRpGmKeF2lJyUg2LvNIYKxhR7Fd3dn2qq3b4bd2Z-XuUk2e_O4D0-zUXFW4beN8iQXZVcRo-KOJCiw1lIcoFyYGTXV7DPTKY7I8IC_vjHCrUlsAjHKByLMhvgN6rMsSX0-YhlLvKK9BhdZMgvX9vTiAKYbf_OLDOtlqZuQwOrUntZrUtthBbwhcVow7w8=

Currently 44:12 44:11 44:10 but it could be changing :grin:

1 Like

Mmm not sure if that should be driving 9” wheels any experts on that? real internet only experts, thanks

I run 42/9 with the chains currently on my 9“ and pretty happy.

60:20 is my second option. But I don’t know

1 Like

This is 125-150mm wheel or flat land gearing only.

Yeah it’s not 5:1 or 6:1 category

But it’s not like it can’t tackle hills

Cant tackle your mountains :joy:

We have a completely different definition of hills.

These are medium hills I have to tackle during my commute. Going off road means hills twice as steep. Simply put a 3:1 gearing ratio with 200mm wheels can’t go up these hills especially in the summer.

4.4 ratio and the only things that will provide any evidence is by getting this drive made and testing it in some big hills

1 Like

And maybe I’m completly wrong about min/max teeth number for ATB, subject to correction on this -

Gear Drive/Spurs in use currently by other makers for bigger wheel drives(ie 8” wheel+ ATB)

Moon 10T motor gear 44T Wheel gear

Kaly 10T motor pulley 40T Wheel pulley

Etoxx Mini Helical Gearbox is 10/40 for 8 and 10mm Motorshaft OR 8/40 for 8 mm Motorshaft

Maxi Helical Gearbox is 10/50 for 8 and 10 and 12mm Motorshaft OR 8/50 for 8mm Motorshaft

Trampa 10 Tooth HELICAL Motor Pulley 58 Tooth Helical Slave Pulley

3DServisas 8T motor pulley 40T Wheel pulley

?