Mislabeled FOCBOX

Yes, exactly

1 Like

@Jinra - Ditto at what Jinra mentionedā€¦ for VESC doesnā€™t matter the order typically only specifically for RC Sensored ESCs would it matter. VESC will auto detect.

1 Like

Hi guys, i have same type of motor sensored wire with @flywithgriff and the motor sensor also have no temp wire. The connector wire seems had different color order too but theres white wire for temp i quess. Sud i just ignored the connector wire color as long as the motor wire go with rite order with the focbox, is that correct? Or i need to reorder the connector wire and do i need to remove the temp wire on the connector since the motor wire also donā€™t have? Thanks for the advice :blush:

Reordering the wires in the new connector is a choice. You donā€™t have to but Iā€™m a bit OCD so I did! Make sure the red and black wires are in the two ends to match the FOCBOX sticker. The T opening stays empty and the other three wires are sensor wires that can be in any order. I just did a conversion last night and will post pics in a bit for you.

Honestly iā€™m a bit ocd 2 :grin:, Iā€™ll be following this thread, thanks for your help.

This is the correct wiring order! The sticker is wrong. As long as the red, black, and open space are in this position the other three sensor wire order does not matter.

1 Like

Do you re-order the connector wire color? And also remove the T wire?

I did, I ordered it to match the motor and the connector on my other FOCBOX.

Is it work? How if im not re-ordering and leave the T wire conected to the focbox eventho its not conected to the motor sensor? Was wondering about that

Yes it works. You do not have to re-order the wires. However, if you do not re-order them you should ignore the colors and make sure the order is correct with how you attach them to the motor sensor wires.

Thanks for such infos, thats all i need to know.

1 Like

Hey guys, I have a question regarding this issue.

And its that I have an APS 170KV motor, and it has 6 wires for the sensors, and the thing isā€¦ In this thread Iā€™m not supposed to be connecting the T on the focbox (Which is in H3 on the sticker) but Bruno from APS is telling me to connect the wires as they are.

And he also tells me that there is no TEMP wire on that motor.

So, right now Iā€™m connected as this thread states, without the Tā€¦ Should I Just connect them all?

And how do I know if its working properly??

1 Like

i wonder if the batch i just ordered still have the wrong stickers.

They donā€™t. I got two focboxes a few weeks ago and the labelling is correct now

Bruno will probably have wired them the right way which ignores what is on the sticker

I would assume that the sticker doesnā€™t matter as the PCB is correct and matches whatever comes out from the motorā€™s sensor JST connector.

I ended up connecting the 6 cables coming out of the motor, and notice nothing.

Is there anyway to know if the sensors are working properly?

Vesc tool shows sensors

2 Likes

So do Focboxā€™s read temperature if the motor has a heat sensor?

1 Like

The focbox unity can. I believe the old Focbox could too yes.

1 Like