Mini Rolling Fortress | Modified Bamboo Skateboard | 6x2 wheels | DIY Geared Drive | Dual Flipsky 4.20/6355 | 10S2P Sony VTC6 | DIY 3D Printed Enclosure

Yeah after building a LaCroix I realised it’s really not meant for city riding… Too heavy and too hard to turn sharp corners… That’s why I built this actually, light enough to carry with one hand. Yet still can roll over cobble stone and cracks without fear of flying off the board…

It’s surprisingly nimble too considering it’s pneumatics…

2 Likes

Hi. Thanks again for your Pulley model. I am definetely planning a build inspired by yours. Sick of the bad rodes and feel vibrations. I will get a blank uncut deck that I will shape it as I like it. I was wondering, I guess the deck you used is like 32-33 inch standard skateboard deck and do you know feet stand width? I would like to keep it short but the drop down removes a lot of length.

Get the biggest possible skateboard you can get. Unfortunately mine is still a wee bit smaller than I had hoped. 9" skateboards I think are the largest (they go by width).

Not only is the stance shorter but the area to put electronics and lipo is also rather tight… You need to optimise the space as much as possible.

1 Like

I will get an uncut skate mould so the width can be up to 11 I think which is too much. For the electronics I want to transfer what I have under a 29 inch spud so should be feasible. If you will have the occasion please measure the feet stand base. Thanks for the info

IMG_20190317_091458

Approximately 21" from that cut out corner to corner… FYI I find it’s a bit too short… maybe another 2-3" would be better. I am 180+cm tall for your reference.

2 Likes

That helps a lot! Thanks

IMG20190329001233

IMG20190329005820

IMG20190331094139

Swapped out the boring square grip tape with some precut snazzy hexagonal ones from BKB…

10 Likes

Verry nice/beautiful build.

I am also in the process of building a Board with these pneumatic tires.

But I don’t know which board style should I use because I have no experiences regarding the pros/cons of Drop-Through, Drop-Down and the angled Decks which you have used in your build. Would you say that it is comfy to ride your board or would you prefer a different Deck-Shape/Style?

Need to figure out which would be good/optimal for such a build.

And do you consider your angeled “risers” stable/rigid enough to ride with them?

Thanks in advance for your input. Really nice build!

Thanks for the compliment.

I have a few friends who went with a drop deck instead and it works well without the need to use the angled riser. You also can do without the need to saw off a deck, drill new holes. Etc.

My angled riser works but yes it is a point of potential concern. But then again I don’t ride it hard or fast in comparison to some folks here. So for me it’s fine.

At that time I was also just making use of the spare deck I had lying around so it was more of a fun build to see if it would even work. Thankfully it works quite well and is a very nice ride.

3 Likes

IMG20190418102227

IMG20190418095723

IMG20190418114310

Finally found time to bring this guy out for a long ride… managed to get 32km before the 10S3P gave out… That’s enough range for what it is and how I intend to use it… So super happy now…

10 Likes

Looks great man! 32 kmh are a lot for a 10s3p moreover with pneumatics

1 Like

Was mostly urban riding… Low speeds lots of stopping and sight seeing…

But yes it was surprisingly efficient…

Honestly it’s now my favourite build… Nimble enough to make tighter turns and the 6" gets over all the nasty cracks and bumps just fine… 30km is pretty much further than I will ever ride 99% of the time… (I ride for leisure not transport)

3 Likes

I believe you. I also think that a short AT is the way to go in the city. In my case it will be my commute since I use the board every day. Takes curbs as a champ will be so much better. I am really looking forward. You really create a new format. I think we will see more in future

3 Likes

Definitely. I always cry inside if I ride over curbs. Hope I find the time this weekend to finish the design.

Hey @ervinelin, Thanks for the great thread. This has been super helpful.

Can you say about what your range was with the 10s2p ???

Like everyone else (i am sure) - I am getting 16km (10mi) on 12s1p.

Thanks so much.

For me just under 20km. But that’s at very moderate to low speeds and mostly flat terrain.

10S3P bumped it up to 30km.

I am 100kgs.

Did you print the gear drive and can you share the files?

1 Like