Metr Pro - Next Gen Bluetooth Module

setup metr pro with dual focbox in canbus over the weekend - really pain free :slight_smile:

1 Like

Thanks, yeah @Jc06505n pointed that out and I’m up and running now.:call_me_hand:

1 Like

@rpasichnyk is there any difference in the hardware between the module with/without external antenna?

Eg. if i get the version without external antenna can i fit one at a later date if needed? or do they have other differences in hardware / firmware?

First commute with the module https://metr.at/r/dx5OE A wasp flew into my shirt and stung me twice, but the module worked great. Super easy setup, 10/10.

11 Likes

There you have it

3 Likes

If you are like me to know with a module Metr.pro ideal to connect his board in Bluetooth 4.0 but your iMac is like mine too old (2008) so without BLE 4.0 (appeared at apple in 2013 it seems to me) here’s how make: 1 / Buy this USB stick bluetooth 4.0: https://www.amazon.fr/gp/product/B007ZT2AXE/ref=ya_st_dp_summary?ie=UTF8&psc=1

2 / Download this dmg: Hardware IO tools for Xcode 7.3

3 / Install the DMG and open Bluetooth Explorer Then in the bar at the top of your Mac click on TOOLS / HCI Control Selector and finally choose from the Broadcom Corp. drop-down menu.

4 / pair your keyboard again or mouse or trackpad …

Turn on your board, open VESC Tools and connect in BLE

:wink:

3 Likes

Missing something, I have used thread procedure to pair MetrPro on Windows fine. But not seeing the VescTool connection tab for Bluetooth LE, and thus BLE device. Do I need a different new Vesc Tool download sw? Currently using pretty old version of Vesc Tool Original v0.84 on Windows…sounds like I am using older version if someone can send link?

hey guys, just receive mine yesterday :+1: Want to try with all the good feature so, following Roman step, I dl for windows from github, when I unzip the rar files, and run (double clic exe file) VESCTOOL, I just got this : What should I do now ? :sweat_smile:

could stick to TCP. Now it is fast enough to flash (ca. 1-2min per VESC).

@Riako I guess you are running Windows 7. It is old and does not have built-in BLE support. Install Windows 10. Then check post #94 for more details

Ho, sorry bro, missed the windows info in all that ! (If you could update 1st post it could help for future buyer or user). … It going to be a long way for me if I need that :sweat_smile:, all my stuff and softwares seens 2012 will stay and work with it well !?.. I have doubts about some … Ok, I’d better try the PCB antenna without the new fw and BLE connection to VESC TOOL for now …

Could you run it in virtual box? If it’s just software you’re missing then it seems like it might work(?)

2 Likes

Yep, install an Ubuntu virtual machine. I can help you bro ! :wink:

1 Like

how long does it usually take to ship these modules to uk?

Took about a week to get to the US and coming from Germany so probably faster to UK

Screenshot_20180622-090218

Pretty sure I ordered on the 12th and had tracking the next day.

1 Like

Hi Roman (@rpasichnyk),

Is there any plan to add the dual Telemetry to the records tab? Motor Temp1 and M.T2, ESCTemp1 and 2 etc etc…

Thanks for your continuous work :slight_smile:

1 Like

TESTED on Pixel 2, Flawless! @rpasichnyk Nice one!

1 Like

So far appears to be working well also at some point the background tracking started working on my phone too (works with old module, may have been that I toggled off the prefer GPS since imagine the background GPS data is pretty limited). Anyhow need to replace my battery box so I can go ride without having everything velcro(ed) together. Nexus 5 here.

1 Like

haaaahaha … :sweat_smile: it dont work too on my w10 computer this application can not run on your PC ok Pimousse, thx a lot as usual bro !!!