Metr Pro - Next Gen Bluetooth Module

Ah, so currently the vesc-tool has to be rebuilt from source with the changes to qt libs you suggest? Very excited to hear this; no BLE support in windows was driving me crazy. Couldn’t get the website-downloaded windows version to run it in a quick test today, assuming they still need to update it with changes?

We will do our best to get a unity in your hands soon so you can add support! I’m going to try and make a small document to outline the additional values I added to the RT data packet and motor config to accommodate the extra motor parameters/data alongside the released source code.

3 Likes

Quick update. I have good news for all of you. :grin: Metr Pro is now updated to also work with FW2.18 and FW2.54 and you will get the newest firmware already flashed to your module so it will work with these firmwares out of the box. I produce some more modules so all orders as of now are covered. We will try to ship the first orders today and all the rest tomorrow.

To make you the waiting time more pleasant I took some pictures. :grinning: Following two pictures show the modules after first step of soldering.

Next picture shows you what I call the “Metr Pro Art Pyramid” :smiley:

And the last picture is a closer look what the modules look like in the final state.

14 Likes

That is awesome! Thanks for taking that on, makes this a lot better fit for me and a lot of people.

Is it possible to reflash the original Metr modules to work with 2.54?

1 Like

I think that just the app should be updated for that. Thats how we got 3.X support for the Metr and Perimetr apps.

2 Likes

Mine is working on 2.54 right now Mike. I get a lot of disconnect notifications, but it still seems to record the full stats for the day and the records start and stop well enough. Also I lost my ferrite ring before I installed it. I just found it last night under the beer fridge :+1:. That should fix the disconnect problem I hope.

1 Like

Ordered one…without antenna since the non pro metr.at works very well on the FORAKER. if I ever decide to buy an antenna later, will that be possible?

Just wondering, when upgrading from the original to the pro. The metr app will probably recognize it as a ‘new’ board. Any chance we can transfer total board data such as distance ridden and stuff within the app?

I wondered that too. Thought of setting up the app on my wife’s phone and naming the module the same as my first one… then trying to connect it to my phone and app with all the stats. I don’t have that many records and stats at the moment though.

All the orders are shipped! You can find tracking numbers inside your PayPal :slight_smile: Tracking can be done here https://www.deutschepost.de/sendung/simpleQuery.html?locale=en_GB (enter 9 June 2018 as posting date, if it doesn’t work, enter 8 June 2018)

@mmaner original metr modules already work with 2.54, but some features are not available (dual realtime data, startup mode, etc.) @Manu39 yes, you can buy antenna later, but you also need to resolder 0R resistor on the Metr Pro module, between internal PCB antenna and external antenna port @Yecrtz @i2oadsweepei2 unfortunately it is not possible to transfer the stats from other modules, but thank you for the idea

2 Likes

Just bought 3. Love your work Roman.

1 Like

I’m sure many of you would like to try VESC Tool with direct BLE connection to Metr Pro. Here you can find the latest VESC Tool binaries for macOS and Windows.

In Windows, you first need to complete new device pairing procedure:

1. Press Start and type bluetooth. Open Bluetooth and other device settings.
  2. Click "Add Bluetooth or other device
  3. Wait until you see Metr Pro, click on it and enter PIN code

After this you should be able to connect via VESC Tool

6 Likes

Bro, I’m a bit bummed by your approach on this. I already had 2 official HM 10 modules. Wanted to use the Metr app with a smartwatch. Ended up buying one of your modules. Android updates to 8. Cannot use it any more. Now you release yet another hardware limitation. Please look into the issues with android 8 and fix them for your original customers

Have you tired any of the other solutions in the first metr thread?

How does a new Product = “yet another hardware limitation”? In that case all consoles and their successors are hardware limitations as well.

1 Like

In the context of. I reported the issue. I also offered help in testing. The issue still remains. New Metr module is compatible with Android 8. So if I want the easy way out, have yet to buy another module

@rpasichnyk the BLE connection does not work with the original vesc tools 0.92 ? Thanks.

I have no issues with android 8. Only certain phones have issues with it.

I am so happy right now never again I will remove my enclosure to get to my focbox es!

13 Likes

Is this your first metr module?

I had one before but never done the TCP bridge thing I am happy it is plug and play now

1 Like

OMG GOD!!! I need to do this too! Also, I’ve destroyed one of the micro USB ports and couldn’t change the baud rate to get a new BT module to work to change the settings. This solves that issue!!! I can finally change my FOCBOX settings :joy:

Beautiful work @hexakopter and @rpasichnyk.

Btw, if I order today when is the next batch due to be built and shipped?

2 Likes