Metr Pro - Next Gen Bluetooth Module

What @janpom said. ADC is free to use. https://metr.at/faq#q32

Hm, so the 5V actually doesnā€™t have to be connected?

Is the operating voltage of the metr pro different to the metr module?

@janpom no, 5V doesnā€™t need to be connected @The_Dude old modules 3.6V-6V, Metr Pro 3.3V

Yes i did this, a message popped up in the app, canā€™t connect cause of incorrect pin or passkey

Is there a way to reset it to factory settings?

Found the problem, the android app was bugged, works fine on apple app, reinstalled the android app still error so i think there is a problem with the android app

Canā€™t seem to connect to my VESC6 anymore. Seems to show up in the logs but it never shows up while scanningā€¦

https://pastebin.com/FU49aazn

Any suggestions?

What BLE module are you using? It says in the logs name:VESC BLE UART and not Metr Pro :confused:

Ah looks like Iā€™m using the trampa one.

It used to work, so not sure what changedā€¦

I am sorry, there is no way it worked with Metr app before. You have to purchase Metr Pro to be able to use the app.

4 Likes

Mine stopped working this week. Xiaomi firmware update is to blame

@rpasichnyk Where do we find the faults at in the app? Never had one before until today so Iā€™m clueless.

@rpasichnyk I tried to update my Vesc6 via the new VescTool Android App via MetrPro Module and it seems to have made a err somewhere. because it does not start the new FW. norbam I able to flash those via PC and Vesc Tool.

you maybe want to check this. I will need to use the St-link v2 next week.

I have done my own measurements today. Hereā€™s the data from my two VESCs on a ~10.5km ride. This was ca 7km of paved road and the rest pretty rough terrain in a forest, lots of steep hills (I didnā€™t even think I would make it up on some :)). 12S 8Ah LiPo battery, 2x 6374-149kv SK3, MBS tires.

In my case, it was actually the toeside motor that took more strain (I double-checked I didnā€™t get the readings reversed) and the difference between the two is not even 52/48, so 60/40 or even 65/35 seems exaggerated though I understand that YMMV.

5 Likes

So to convert the board antenna to external antenna I have to move the 0 resistor from the board antenna side to external antenna side. But is it a 0R resistor or a capacitor?

"is it possible to change external/internal antenna afterwards?

Yes, it is possible but requires some good soldering skills. You need to resolder the 0402 capacitor near the u.FL connector in a different position to change between internal PCB antenna and external antenna."

Itā€™s a capacitor

1 Like

Any updates on the direct replacement BT metr version for the unity?

4 Likes

yes i need this in my life :slight_smile:

I said the same the first time i saw boobs.

10 Likes