Metr Pro - Next Gen Bluetooth Module

@DavidC clear Startup Mode. Check this post https://www.electric-skateboard.builders/t/configuration-and-telemetry-for-vesc-ios-android/13483/1243?u=rpasichnyk @KrisKraanen go to bluetooth settings in your phone and forget (unpair) Metr Pro. Then try to pair again.

Ok thank you very much! Iā€™ll try. I already removed the start up mode but I didnā€™t push ā€œClear Startup Modeā€ as you show.

The three vertical points where you click donā€™t show. My board is shut down at the time. Do I need to be connected to Metr Pro module to be able to click ā€œClear Startup Modeā€ (and then when connected Iā€™ll loose my master vesc settings once more :open_mouth:)

IMG_6075

Yes you need to be connected

1 Like

Thanks! Can I ā€œReset settingsā€ in preferences to get rid of startup mode without connecting to module?

Itā€™s also accumulated data over all ESCs. Problem about using data from only one ESC has been the accuracy. Heel side motors take 60 to 65% of the strain, while toe side motors are less stressed. The new code gives you quite precise values.

1 Like

No, you can not. Startup mode is stored on the Metr Pro, not on your phone

Thats what im trying but now the Passcode which is on the back of the metr seems to be changed somehow

This is whats happening https://youtu.be/MAESLF_efNg

Thatā€™s very interesting. Thanks for the info. Iā€™ll do the measurements on my boards. Iā€™d be interested to know if thereā€™s really that much difference in the strain.

It is. Raptor 2 motor temp has been debated several times in Unity thread. Heel side glows, while the side is 25-30deg cooler. The big difference in strain taken by the two motors was a big issue for accurate RT-Data display. In consequence Benjamin coded the new VESC-Tool with accumulated values from all VESCs. Otherwise your values can easily be 15-20% off tge reality.

I think this may happen when you are traction limited, checks both vesc several time and energy consumption was almost identical between them

Thanks for the video. I guess I know what you are doing wrong. You should do the pairing in the Metr app and not in the phone bluetooth settings.

1. Unpair Metr Pro
  2. Open Metr app and do pairing from there
  3. If it didnā€™t work, send logs to [email protected]

where do i accure the logs? i canā€™t seem to save the file from the app

when its says connected in the realtime window, although the password is wrong ( i think) and i go to modes to apply a mode it gives me the error: Firmware <= 2.18 canā€™t apply

The PIN can not be wrong. Each module is tested before shipping. The PIN is alright. Did you do what I asked?

To get the log file in the Metr app, go to Settings ā†’ Show Logs.

1 Like

Yes i did it via the app, it connected then disconnected tried to reconnect again and this process repeated itself, everytime it ā€œconnectedā€ the module goes red as in the video.

@rpasichnyk Hi Roman, I want to upgrade my metr to the metr pro module I bought some time ago. Does the metr pro use the ADC1-3 pins (metr doesnā€™t) or can I use the pins for my own purposes?

1 Like

I donā€™t have any of the ADC connected and it still works.

You do need to connect both the 5V and 3.3V though, which caught me by surprise. I only connected the 5V first and it kinda worked but the BT connection was extremely unstable. After connecting 3.3V as well it works like a charm.

Edit: 5V actually doesnā€™t need to be connected.

1 Like

thx 10char