Metr Pro - Next Gen Bluetooth Module

I changed Watts to Wh/km (Wh/mi). I don’t hate you :slight_smile: But now you have used all your wishes :wink:

2 Likes

@mishrasubhransu, I can sell you mines :smile:

Thanks, this info is also one I look the most at too. :pray:

3 Likes

Haha, I’ll take you up on it, if everything else fails.

Very awe-struck at the level of efficacy that Roman has with his code… you make me jealous, I cant code like that! :rofl:

How many years of practice do you have? @rpasichnyk

1 Like

@rpasichnyk One more question, sorry. Do the elapsedWh and elapsedAh include the regenerated energy/current? I can see that there’s elapsedAhRegen, but if I want the discharged Ah only it’s not obvious whether it’s elapsedAh or elapsedAh - elapsedAhRegen. Thanks.

Been waiting a lot for that, thanks Roman

Shouldn’t when negative current is flowing this value be negative? How much energy are you putting back at the battery at each kilometer?

And also the total average value considers the regenerated energy?

I played a little bit with Metr data in Jupyter notebok. I was mainly interested in the discharge curve for my battery pack (voltage vs. Wh), but since I was already at it, I looked at some other things, such as Wh / regenerated Wh vs. altitude to see whether regenerative breaking really works (it does! :slight_smile:) or how speed affects the energy efficiency (no strong conclusions there yet). Anyway, here’s what I have done. There’s a lot of scary looking code at the top, but if you scroll all the way down, you’ll see some charts.

To analyze your own Metr data with the same notebook, do the following:

• download the notebook (File > Download .ipynb)
  • upload the downloaded file back to Google Colab
  • change the METR_URL at the very top
  • Runtime > Restart and run all...

You can also add more charts to the notebook. I added a convenience plot function that’s straightforward to use. Or, if there’s some other data you’d like to see and don’t know how to add it, you can ask me and I’ll try to add it.

Thanks @rpasichnyk for doing such complete data logging. It’s very useful.

5 Likes

I always wanted to draw the discharge curve of my battery however, my lack of Python skills made me give up. Thanks a lot for sharing @janpom !

2 Likes

Really like it, well done

I’m trying to find out a way to take all my records and make a 2D plot of distribution of motor current vs rpm

The idea is to see what speed and torque range is most used for a given rider, this way I can optimize my DD motor to have peak efficiency at that predominant region

3 Likes

Apparently it decided to fix itself. I fired it up today to get logs for you and it worked perfectly over TCP bridge.

I guess the universe just didn’t like me on Thursday.

Thanks. I tried plotting that in a scatterplot. Here’s what the result looks like (more black = more frequent, logarithmic scaling):

I added it to the notebook. Not sure it’s correct though. I would expect the more frequent points to be inside and less frequent outside, not the other way around.

Edit: Well, of course it’s wrong because more brightness is more white. I’m such a genius. :smile: Corrected.

Edit2: A version with the motorCurrent=0 data points excluded and with linear scaling for the brightness.

5 Likes

image V=0 and P=0 excuded || About 1M datapoints (still not enough)

Since I anayzed 9 to 13S boards I did it for power

7 Likes

@janpom thanks a lot, that’s exactly what I wanted

@bevilacqua looking forward to the final results of your analysis, I think I have a few more points to send to you

The color scale is just and dimension less of the predominance?

1 Like

just a probability scala, the higher the more data points in that region. I’ll post my work tomorrow, I found some typos :smile:… No so complicated data analysis, but well, I was totaly unexperienced so I learnt a lot

1 Like

I would love to see more of analysis and code in DD designing. I have been following your Feather thread.

Also, good job @janpom.

1 Like

elapsedWh/Ah does not include regen

@janpom @bevilacqua nice! 51

1 Like

Thanks! I like how these are labeled in the new VESC app: “Wh out” and “Wh in”. Short and very clear.

1 Like

I’ve got a problem with Metr Pro. I updated my FSESC 6 DUAL to latest firmware and Metr Pro to latest version.

But when I launch Metr Pro on androïd it changes master vesc motor setting to the old ones. Even if I don’t touch to “Modes” or “Expert”. A a result master and slave vesc have different motor current settings.

I have the problem that the metr pro works fine but then out of nowhere decided to stop and displays the message RT Timed out in develepor mode, then is shows connected but no realtime data and no expert mode

It had some problems but now i starts but i can’t pair to it, everytime i enter the digits its led lights up