Metr Pro - Next Gen Bluetooth Module

Sure has the App to be open and connected - how otherwise should it work?

Usually Bluetooth can “wake up” the phone and its apps

You can have Metr app running in background. OS would freeze it, so it will consume no (or very little) resources. When you turn on your board, it will indeed “wake up” the app and everything should work just fine. Have you tried?

Yes, but doesn’t record. Should I keep location services always on on the app?

Do you have this option enabled?

Untitled

Yes sir! 10c

“Location services always on” is not required for this to work… can you make a short test? Start the app, move it to background, start your board and press throttle, after 10 seconds the record should start. If you have Notifications enabled, your phone will also vibrate and show notification. If this is not happening, Settings -> Show Logs -> send to [email protected]

1 Like

Sure I will! Thanks mate

1 Like

I have the same issue. If i open the app in the morning. It will record my ride in the next hour. But if i ride a few hours later, it is like the app is closed. I have to reopen it.

Log: https://www.dropbox.com/s/pt4mx0906dr1nhm/log_2019-01-11.txt?dl=0

(I did a ride at 9am, 12h10pm, and 13h15)

1 Like

Same goes for me.

1 Like

@hiboute thanks for the log file! I just released v3.4.15 which should fix the issue. Metr Pro should wake up the app, when powered back on even after several hours. Don’t force close Metr app, let it sit in the background. @DAddYE @amazingdave you have iOS too?

1 Like

Mine always worked as long you connected the board with the app open once and then shut it down and leave the app on the background

If you open the app without connecting to the board and disconnecting it won’t start a record

1 Like

Yes! 10 chars

Yes… 10 c

It’s working! Thank you very much

1 Like

Should this work on the newest firmware for the Unity?

1 Like

Saw that. Problem is it works on the Beta with the older firmware but not on the new one with the new firmware. I’ll double check my settings, I guess.

1 Like

I’m running it on the latest unity firmware just fine. or are you referring to the metr FW?

No. I have updated the Metr app to the latest version. Haven’t messed with the Metr firmware. Not sure I’d know how. :thinking: