Metr Pro - Next Gen Bluetooth Module

6.6 has issues man.

I ran into a weird problem today. When I set a start up mode and then change modes after I switch on the board with the metr app on it applies the new mode but it leaves one motor behaving like it hasn’t run motor detection yet. Only way to solve it for me was to run motor detection again with the desktop app and not use the start up mode since I narrowed it down that it only happens with this mode, and it does so every time.

I’m using dual escapes with 3.40 firmware and the metr app for iphone.

@rpasichnyk

1 Like

What kind of problems do the 6.6 have? Is this documented?

It’s a known issue from flipsky and the voltage fluctuations with the 6.6 FSESC from them.

4 Likes

Try the latest version of the metr app v3.4.8. If you still have the problem, send Settings -> Show Logs to [email protected]

How it shows up? Just wired voltage readings? Problem with soft cut off because of wrong readings?

It is like this:

Regarding new functionalities, i really wish we were able to:

• combine multiple rides. On long rides, if i stop too long, this will create a new entry. The « solution » would be to set the stop time longer but not so convenient.
  • ability to remove stop/idle time from data.
  • to set the motor config per metr module. Currently If i have two different boards with two different metr module, the motor info is the same for the two. I have to change it between rides.
  • renaming saved config in expert mode
1 Like

That is some serious voltage sag. What batteries are you using?

No sag, this is the flipsky 6.6. The battery is a 10s4p samsung 30q. Here is the same ride with focbox:

This is supported. Connect your first board (make sure it is online) and make changes to Motor settings. Turn off your first board. Connect your second board (make sure it is online) and make changes to Motor settings. Turn off your second board. Turn on your first board and you will see settings change automatically.

Long press on saved config and you will be able to rename it.

1 Like

Thank you!

That is not the same fluctuations that I have seen on the 6.6.

It may not be your battery sagging but the fact that the voltage drops whenever the current rises suggests that their must be some resistance in the supply…

Is it possible to export the Metr app logs so that I can keep the odometer and top speed, etc., when I use a new device?

Are you using Android or iOS?

For iOS you can connect to iTunes and save all .s and .r record files from the metr app and import them afterwards for your new device. I think a iTunes device backup should also work to save all data. When the backup is not working its always good to have screenshots from all your stats and settings so you could change them on the device later manually. For Android you can get the record files inside the metr app folder on the SD card or where you have installed it.

2 Likes

Anybody else having problems with the metr pro working with the latest unity firmware? FW: 23.41

It won’t send any info at all :frowning:

1 Like

Methinks it’s still being developed for Unity

2 Likes

Working on it right now!

computer-lego-notebook-3oz8xyg7F0uoJ5XxDO

15 Likes

@rpasichnyk Regarding METR on Apple iOS : how to send data to an android smartwatch using Wear OS (ex Android Wear)?

I saw there was is an option in Miscellaneous but for Apple Watch.

Do we need to replace the original Unity module for Metr module? If not, then this is the best thing since sliced bread. :smiley: