Metr Pro - Next Gen Bluetooth Module

Thank you! Sorry for not probing enough!

@hexakopter does CAN ID refer to a specific ID number for each vesc, or is it simply 0 for the master and 1 for the slave vesc? Got my replacement antenna in the mail so everything is good again.

Quick question what does the antenna do and do you need it? May have been posted before but missed it

It increases the reception between your phone and Metr module. The bluetooth on the chip should be fine in most cases but if you have a carbon fiber deck or enclosure it’s a good idea to have so you don’t get disconnections.

Reason I ask is because every time I have the Metr module on my board, I lose power to the motor on the slave vesc sometime during my next ride. Easy fix with the bldc tool but it happens every time! I say this sitting on a curb where one of my motors just stopped working.

When do you lose power? After you change modes? After you power cycle your board? This doesn’t sound good. Can you send some logs?

@rpasichnyk Quick question: Can I also pay via bank transfer because my paypal account has been hacked :slight_smile:

Yes you can, send email to [email protected]

1 Like

I have a 8 ply maple deck and a abs cement

After some more testing I discovered it usually happens after the board has been stationary for a while like at a stop light or while taking a short break to rest my feet. A simple restart of the board and it’s good again until the next time it happens. No startup mode has been applied nor does it happen when any changes are made in the app.

I will send logs soon.

Is it possible to connect this to a meepo board ESC?

@rpasichnyk what kind of shrink wrap are you using to cover the board? i had to resolder the header onto the pcb because it broke off (probably vibrations). needed to cut the shrink wrap off. currently have it taped up with some kapton

@Sharukh5996 Respond to your mail that you have send to [email protected].

@mikenyc Some 16mm clear heat shrink. Unfortunately I don’t remember the actual source. You should be able to find some online when searching for “16mm clear heat shrink”. The whole JST 7pin 2.0mm header broke off? Never heard about something like that and it must have been more then just vibrations to brake it. Is it possible that a bigger force was pulling on the connector, like a loose battery or something like that? Would be great if you can send a picture of the broken module to [email protected] if you took one.

nah, didn’t take a picture. it was inside the enclosure, not sure what could have tugged on it. it was pretty snug. perhaps the length of the cable was a bit much, i had to bend it awkwardly, thanks for letting me know about the shrink wrap, i’ll check on amazon or ebay

1 Like

Anyone else having issue with the TCP connection?

@Trdolan03 Is it working for you now? Do you had it working in the past and now it stopped working or do you have problems with setting it up?

@all I received a message that someone almost missed our Metr Pro two year anniversary and Black Friday 20% sale, because it is not mentioned in this main thread about the Pro module. Sorry about that. So here a reminder that we have a 20% discount at the moment that is running out on 25/11/2018 7PM UTC (Sunday, November 25, 2018 7:00 PM) so in slightly more than seven hours. You can find more details here.

If you haven’t seen it yet, we also released a new Metr app version with Audio Announcements :headphones: You can find more infos in the following thread.

1 Like

@hexakopter it has worked in the past and stopped working. I tried yesterday and it wasn’t working. Is there something you changed that I should try again?

Try it again and if it doesn’t work, send logs to [email protected]

1 Like

@rpasichnyk it is working now. The second “TCP server” wasn’t showing up yesterday on my phone as seen that it is today. The 10.0.0.24 wasn’t showing up image

2 Likes

Awesome! The first one is your cellular, and probably 65102 port is blocked by your internet provider or something. The second is your Wi-Fi.

1 Like