Metr Pro - Next Gen Bluetooth Module

Thanks for reporting, I will have a look. Siri shortcuts are interesting, will look into that as well!

@taz The app shows relative elevation instead of absolute when using barometer. And I don’t reset it when starting a new ride. I will so it always starts at 0 in the next version. Thanks!

2 Likes

Couldn’t you use the Gps altitude for the start of the ride and then use the barometer for relative altitude changes?

Worldwide means that it doesn’t matter if you live in Europe, the US, Australia, or anywhere else around the world, you pay the same for shipping. If you live on an island with special postal rules, contact [email protected] and we will check if it is possible to ship to you.

Hi @rpasichnyk and @hexakopter, Could you add a point in the FAQ stating that the plug has to be reversed for a use with ESCAPE ?

I spent half an hour with a french guy for troubleshooting an issue with Metr Pro. He just didn’t know that pins had to be swapped… :pensive:

Thanks mates !

1 Like

I may be alone in this request, but does anyone else here think the following would be a useful feature?

Metr app notifies (Vibration and/or pop-up) when battery has reached additional specified voltages.

I realize these notifications exist for low and cut-off voltages, but it would be nice to have one for charging as well. I don’t like to charge my batteries all the way to 4.2v, which means that I need to keep a constant eye on Metr or the meter on the board. Plus, I can be a forgetful person.

There is already an end of charge voltage setting for that particular reason.

1 Like

Might be wrong thead but anyhow this is an automatic brake if your remote disconnects “timeout” . Most people leave it off as it can be dangerous if set wrong. Needs road testing and adjustment.

I think its intention is to stop a runaway board. But if its set too high it could be real bad, imagine your riding along at high speed, your remote disconnects then the brakes come on hard then you fly like sack of potatoes into traffic. FUN!

1 Like

Your right. Sorry for the noise! I’m not sure why I thought that both notification settings were for low voltage. Thanks for pointing that out to me.

1 Like

i have the metr pro, it updates quiet fast so i have the battery level but without doing anything it jumps from 28 up to 39 is there a way to slow the updates so it jumps around less update interval in miscellaneous doesn’t seem to be doing anything

What do you mean with “without doing anything it jumps from 28 up to 39”? Do you mean that when you strain the battery while driving and then stop, the battery level goes up? Thats normal because the value is calculated from the battery voltage which goes down while you are pulling some amps.

1 Like

Yup

10char

i plugged the module in my esc and plugged a 4s battery in for test purpose to see if i could connect and if it al worked, it did but the battery level jumps around without me giving an input or anything

Strange. So I guess your battery voltage is also jumping around? You can change your displayed values and layout in the realtime data tab with long pressing on the screen and then arrange the items.

Totally forgot to mention that we updated the FAQ page and added information about Metr Pro connection, the four absolutely needed pins, external/internal antenna change etc. You can have a look here: metr Let us know if you think there is anything else missing.

Raptor 2.0 (old motors) with metr data Here

Updated FW 3.8 from 2.1.8 Added Metr module SR front truck

I have multiple faults in the data, mainly over current. One fault I was not moving. Could be my settings are too high?

You can see wheels starting to crumble :open_mouth: motors and hanger were hot on touch.

3 Likes

Your settings are definitely too high. I recommend to lower down Max Motor Current :+1:

1 Like

i have the module but the update interval doesn’t seem to do anything now i get updates so fast that the battery voltage still jumps around a bit

It’s because your VESC sends a bit inaccurate measurements. No worries, this is totally fine.

hi @rpasichnyk - when are you planning to add 3.39 support? Thanks!