Metr Pro - Next Gen Bluetooth Module

Is there anyway to view lifetime stats?

Click this. Select All Time

Screenshot_20181019-122829__01

3 Likes

Quick question. Has any of you guys experienced metr not recording the speed (Top Speed, Average Speed) and the distance? Using Flipsky Dual FESC 6.6.

Best Regards Nesquick

When you go to “Settings” -> “Location” -> “Prefer GPS”, is it enabled? When you don’t have GPS available and use the VESC ERPM value for speed and distance calculation please turn “Prefer GPS” off and check that “Settings” -> “Motor” -> “Motor poles”, “Wheel diameter” etc. are set correctly. In the realtime tab the speed and distance is shown correctly?

1 Like

I wanted to chime in and say that the Metr module is working great. I was worried about not buying the version with the extended antenna, but I haven’t had a single disconnect, even if I am in a different room as the module. I had an issue with some weird numbers recorded (I think the odometer) but that was fixed in the latest update.

1 Like

Thanks for your reply. Under the location tab, everything is on and GPS Accuracy is “0”. On the motor tab, everything is setup correctly.

Regarding the real time data on the app itself, the current speed works, but the distance does not. Any suggestions?

Best Regards Nesquick

As I said, please disable “Prefer GPS”. You can also click on the little question mark beside each setting, to get an idea what it is for. That way you also record your GPS coordinates to see them on your uploaded record later (when GPS was available), but your distance and speed also works without GPS. Just in some rare cases where your motor does not spin all the time (like freewheel etc.) I would enable that setting.

1 Like

Oh! My bad. I misinterpreted what you said on the first reply. Yeah it makes sense. Will test is tomorrow or next weekend. Thanks for your help.

1 Like

if i buy the pcb antenna version can connect my own external antenna to it?

Hi, when I select the use of barometer then the altimeter values are completely wrong. Is there some other setting to correct this? Going to the selftest menu of my phone my sensor works fine Screenshot_20181024-193809_HwModuleTest

Are they completely-completely wrong, or maybe just showing relative altitude? Close to 0 when you start the app, and then changing as you go.

The relative altitude seems correct. However instead of showing a correct absolute value it starts at around 0m for the first ride of the day and then from -100m for the second and goes to 30m when I reach my departure point.

Hi @rpasichnyk, some people, me included, have troubles with writing configuration. It happened to a guy when he applied a mode. Metr Pro messed parameters up. On my side, I having issue when switching BLDC to FOC (and reverse) only. This doesn’t work using VESC Tool on mac over Bluetooth. However, this works using Metr app.

Are there some other feedbacks in this way ?

No, I didn’t get any reports regarding this issue. I assume you are using latest VESC Tool and VESC firmware? What parameters get messed up?

Oh sorry : FW 3.40 official, VT 0.95 from your repo.

I.ll get in touch with the other guy and report back more details of his issue.

Thanks for support, as always ! :slight_smile:

1 Like

Ok, more details gathered :

• Dude A (Tartopom) : Metr Pro, FW 2.18 (raptor 2 downgraded). He applied a custom Beginner mode, no issue. Then he came back to full power mode. This messed CAN ID and BLDC Hall sensors table up. Others parameters like Motor/batt min/max current were ok.
  • Dude B (Thomas P.) : after switching modes, nothing was working (no much more details). Don’t know the FW (only Metr app version : 3.3.1 )
  • Dude C (@goldenkiller) : same issue as Dude A (BLDC Hall sensor table values mixed) using Metr Pro + FW3.40. Not sure about CAN ID.

Other bug reported by Dude A : After having created a new mode in Metr app, if you want to delete another one, sometimes it deletes 2 modes.

That’s all I could gather from french Metr Pro users. If you need more info, feel free to ask.

Cheers !

2 Likes

I was able to see and fix it, thanks!

For applying modes and parameters mess up, it would be great if the dudes can reproduce the issues repeatedly and send the log file to [email protected]

1 Like

Hey roman. The app is great. I just installed it in my raptor 2 and it works more or less perfectly! Truly easy to set up and use.

Just got 2 questions: It seems like my ESC temperature is no recorded correctly anymore. It’s always at 25C when it used to work. I don’t know what changed?

Do you have any plan on adding apple shortcut functionalities? It would be awesome to quickly being able to launch metr in the background using Siri.

1 Like

What is considered “worldwide”?

Did you find a solution to the altitude problem I am having?

1 Like