Metr Pro - Next Gen Bluetooth Module

Thx Roman, seems to work great directly :+1: I make the upgrade open air just now after the evening ride, it just a minute ! And it corrects the Wh consume (? right ?), directly of my current ride from I donā€™t remember exactly to 117Wh (therefore I was around +200/230Wh ā€¦ with my 185Wh pack at around 35% at the end of the ride). Cool ! I check as you told me the wiring of the module and put some more heat glue to fix and secure all. Now when I write modes it well applies to only 2 vesc :wink:

:blush: THANKS ROMAN !!!

Now I got full ride recorded But I got to find the good vesc ā€¦ :laughing:

3 Likes

I have no luck with the modules. I just tried the upgrade but it got stuck at 54% (its still there). How should I handle this? At some point I have to close the App I guess, it will shutdown the process when I switch to another one :frowning:

No problem. Shut down everything, force close the app, power on, try again. What phone do you have?

1 Like

A Motorola Moto E (LTE) running Lineageos (Android 7.1) :slight_smile: Thanks, Iā€™ll try :slight_smile:

edit: Thanks, it worked :slight_smile:

1 Like

Hi Team,

Question, Timeout Brake Current, what is this for and what should it be set to?

Thank you :+1:

Itā€™s to stop you if your remote dies or disconnects. I never used to use it at slow speeds but now Iā€™m going 30mph it is set.

Trial and error for the right amps for your setup and comfort. Remember that you want the board to stop but not throw you off.

Thanks Dave, my question isnā€™t regarding brake currents but rather in the setup programming screens of the Metr app one of the settings is headed Timeout Brake Current. Does this limit the time you can be applying the brakes?

Appreciate the help guysā€¦

If i want to read out ā€œfaultsā€ and fault via the terminal in the metr app, what code do i use then, to jump via can-bus to my slave vesc ? My metr module is connected to my master vesc, Thanksā€¦

Oh BTWā€¦ when ā€œMultiply dataā€ and ā€œDual dataā€ is set to ON, the total WH i get in my logs, is the total from both the motors right ?

@rpasichnyk

Do you have any idea when you will be able to ship units that were purchased a few days ago?

@Silverline yes it is the total Wh. To read faults from slave VESC, enable CAN Fwd, open Terminal and type faults. To read from master, disable CAN Fwd, open Terminal and type faults @Eretron Soonā„¢ https://metr.at/faq#q1

2 Likes

Thanks. So no need for ā€œcan idā€ only ā€œcan fwdā€ ?

CAN ID has to be set correctly as well, when CAN Fwd is enabled.

1 Like

This is not the most intuitive way. Couldnā€™t you make the software inquire the faults from both vescs automatically? Also, does that mean that recorded faults are only from one vesc?

Yes, I agree, it is on TODO list :slightly_smiling_face:

2 Likes

Is there a way to get the raw csv file for the records? If not, can I make a visualization request? Iā€™d like to see a bar graph with time labels on how much I spend on a certain speed range. Something like this but instead if heart rate zones itā€™s speed zones.

26%20PM

2 Likes

This is such a cool idea! Thanks! Will think about it for sure :slight_smile:

1 Like

please check your msg and email. wrongly place an order pcb. i need small external antenna. thanks :slight_smile:

you can convert the meter file to .json. There you have a field called ā€œspeedā€. just ad ā€œ?format=jsonā€ at the end of the URL.

If you got access to Matlab I can send you a function to convert .json files to .csv (with the same structure as on acks app and so on.

@hexakopter @rpasichnyk Iā€™ve just managed to damage the cable between my module and mini antennaā€¦

Can I buy a spare?

Yes, that is possible. I will write you a PM.

1 Like