Metr Pro - Next Gen Bluetooth Module

1. You have CAN Fwd enabled. Why did you enable it? You should leave it disabled.
  2. Please read carefully and do all the steps mentioned here https://vesc-project.com/node/178. Complete Wizards for both VESCs.
2 Likes

Hi Roman, glad to say @Surfer find one interesting point to (try to) solve my issues. Locking the apps seems to work great, but I only make less than 2km ride (and stop the record to not lost it ^^ so bad habit) and two other almost 1km rides. Tonight I will make a 5km ride test (usually the apps should be closed before the end of the ride ! So we will see !!!). Thanks to all once again for your help :pray:

1 Like

Tonight ride, I made a bit more than 10km (my bad if it doesnā€™t take the 5 1st kms of the ride, I did lock the apps to donā€™t crash :sweat: :sweat_smile: ) Some questions for you guys, is the 285Wh energy is what it was draw from my pack ? (10s 5Ah 185Wh ?) And I regen 23Wh ? (Almost 2 km of ride ! :blush: ) But from the last 5km I could that now my phone can reccord well my ride !!! Hiiiiaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa So has I have economize a new phone to buy, I will try to get a way to find a W10 computer with BT :blush: Thanks all of you once again, Big Up @Surfer and @rpasichnyk :v: Now I will could try to play with some Overlay vids !

1 Like

I am glad it helped, thank you @Surfer! The Wh consumption is indeed wrong, and thatā€™s because of 2 reasons:

1. Something is wrong with your wired connection between VESC and Metr Pro. I remember you have a lot of UART errors in the log. Check the cables?
  2. There is a multiply bug in current Metr Pro firmware, which usually happens after several UART interruptions. We have a fix coming soon. It will be the first official Metr Pro firmware update :slight_smile:
1 Like

Ok, thanks Roman, I will tcheck this ! I see that metr note me I got 7 ESC, when I right a mode it write it 7 times ā€¦

I got my app to have all the data at the expense of my records with a simple uninstall- reinstall.

1 Like

Metr Pro Firmware update v3.63 is out! You can upgrade Over The Air

1. Power on.
  2. Go to Settings, click on blue gear
  3. Click on Upgrade

If you have issues connecting to Metr Pro after upgrade, go to your phone settings and turn Bluetooth Off and On again (happens on some really old phones).

The new firmware includes support for DieBieMS :heart: and FOCBOX Unity :rocket: (beta, no Modes yet). Also highly recommended if you experience multiply bug (@Riako, @rene)

8 Likes

Upgrade worked like charm ā€¦ will test tomorrow on new 12s10pā€¦ if all spot welding goes well.

1 Like

is there a reason why the module will all of the sudden start automatically applying settings to the focbox? iā€™ve pin pointed an issue where the motors would not work at all, and it seems like the metr module is changing the settings by itself ā€¦ but this wasnā€™t an issue in the past, started happening all of the sudden.

This might be Startup Mode. From the Modes tab you can assign one of your modes to be a startup mode and it will automatically apply when you power on your VESC, even if your phone is not around.

To disable this, open Modes tab, click on the menu dots above and select Clear Startup Mode.

Does the app log the actual fault instead of just showing a red number? I canā€™t seem to find where to read the faultā€¦

Yes, itā€™s tricky. I need a better way of visualising the faults. If you canā€™t find it, you can go to Settings and click on Show Logs. There search for !!!Fault

What about showing the faults of something that happened during a ride? All the log says is ā€œSetting PositionSource.active to trueā€ā€¦

Can you upload the record with a fault? It should be possible to see it, after you upload

Here it is, I donā€™t see anything? https://metr.at/r/JX1WJ

Yes, itā€™s very hard to see a fault, when a record is so big. Try to make smaller records next time. But here you go:

Unfortunately that doesnā€™t help much, because the fault code is 138 which seems like corrupted data and not the real fault.

Did you update Metr Pro firmware to latest?

I did. Itā€™s on the latest firmware

Well at least if itā€™s not a real fault I can rest easy tonight :rofl:

Maybe there can be a way to highlight faults in the web UI? or a way to adjust the resolution of the graph so the faults are more obvious?

2 Likes

yeah i have the same questionsā€¦ anyone try it with dual vesc 6 from Flipsky ?

1 Like

just received email from flipsky. it is support :slight_smile:

1 Like

DieBieMS support :muscle::muscle::muscle:

You got me with this, I have just ordered one from you.

Just one thingā€¦ Since this will be used with Hummie deck, and that deck has 2 layers of carbon between wood, will it interfere with the bluetooth signal? Ive ordered one with small external antenna just to be safeā€¦

2 Likes