Metr Pro - Next Gen Bluetooth Module

I’ve gotten it before. I was hard braking and I think one when just locked up. So maybe the difference between one motor turning and one stopped caused it

Yeah… So with -30a i should’nt get any “over current” fail ? As you can se, i wasnt even braking a lot, only slightly. Or do my braking force need to be higher, to not get this failure. Yes i’m using 12s graphene lipo.

Absolutely max, is default for vesc 6, so i guess 130a if i remember correctly.

@E1Allen but i was barely braking :-/ But what i can se is that the voltage was 50,4v, wich is a full charged 12s lipo. Could i Cold solder join, on the two big capacitors , give some sort of voltage spike ? And trigger over-current failure ?

When using android wear can the module connect directly to the watch (not needing a phone at all)? Or does the phone connect to the module and the watch connect to the phone?

A bit off topic but what are the best android wear watches to use with Metr Pro for eskating?

1 Like

Couldnt figure out on your site what the shipping time is could you give me an estimation of that? Oh yeah another question what is the biggest diffirence between the metr and the metr pro becuase i dont really see a diffirence except from the antenna. I ask this because i think eskating.eu ships the older ones please correct me if i am wrong.

greetings from a future customer :smile:

Trying to setup my new Metr Pro.

I’ve got it installed on the VESC, and blue and green lights, but can’t seem to get it to show in the connection port options as desired - like in the screenshot below. Only my iPhone is showing up in the list.

What am I doing wrong? Running 094

https://esk8content.nyc3.digitaloceanspaces.com/uploads/db2454/optimized/3X/8/b/8b04b9b978b7b0a258cb8030cf13eda360416f15_1_690x362.png

Sorry for the late response. Wasn’t at home the last days, so all open orders will be send tomorrow.

@gmurad I don’t have a Android wear device, so I can just answer my presumption. When I understand it right Android wear is just a “light” Android system where Apps are installed over the phone and enable a connection through your phone. So my assumption is that Android wear devices connect to your phone and your phone to your Metr Pro module. But it looks like there are also watches out there running a “full” Android like the one @Klattrup is using where you can directly connect to the Metr Pro module like you can see in his post https://www.electric-skateboard.builders/t/configuration-and-telemetry-for-vesc-ios-android/13483/913 Maybe someone using a Android smartwatch can tell you more.

@epster On average we ship orders within 3 days. We are running out of small antennas right now, so maybe there could be a delay when ordering a module with small antenna the next days. To get an idea about delivery time of the currier have a look here. To get an idea about the differences I would recommend to read the first post of this thread. All things like BLE encryption, support for all known apps including VESC Tool on desktop systems, baud rate and TX/RX detection, firmware updates over the air for both the Metr Pro module and the VESC, faster update rate etc. are only available for Metr Pro. The standard Metr bluetooth module just behave like a serial bridge, while the Metr Pro is running its own firmware and enables a lot more opportunities. And you are right that eskating currently just sells “old/standard” Metr modules.

@plasteroid I think you are not running the adapted version of VESC tool that has some small BLE changes. You can read more in that post: https://www.electric-skateboard.builders/t/metr-pro-next-gen-bluetooth-module/57780/94

Edit.: Small antennas are out of stock now.

1 Like

I bought it awhile back do you have the scheme to connect to a flipsky VESC 6?

I’ve just received my metr Pro module, works like a charm, the app is really cool and uploading the datas is really easy. Thanks !

I have some questions though:

• As you can see on the data, I don’t have the motor temperature. Does it work only with sensored motors ?

• The RPM is not correct. I’m running a 100Kv Outrunner at 12S, meaning the motor can’t spin faster than 5000 RPM. Yet, the maximum recorded is 20 000RPM. Does anybody knows how to set the app so that I get the right RPM ?

1 Like

Yes, there is a temp wire in the sensor wire

The rpm you are referencing is the ERPM which is the more commonly referred in terms of the Vesc. Is you divide the erpm by the motor pole pair (normally 7) you should get the proper rpm.

1 Like

Thanks ! So with a sensorless motor no temperature, too bad !

How can I know for sure that my motor has 14 poles ( or 7 pairs) ?

Count them ! by turning motor slowly by hand and feeling magnet pole effect

Sorry guys, I know this question was asked before, but do i have to simply reverse the pin out with ESCapes? I could not find the answer immediately. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

Yes. 10char

1 Like

Thanks mate!

So i was happy to get the metr pro and immidiatly got disappointed as it uses both ADC. So what do i do now? I wanted to use it for my Ebike project and I have regen braking on ADC2 and Throttle on ADC1… I know i should have checked this before but why does it even need those two ADC? I know i could bypass with a arduino nano to PPM but honestly… this seems way overcomplexed. That moment when you dont check every detail…

No, it doesn’t use ADC. It only uses TX, RX, 3.3V and GND. You can safely use ADC for your own needs. We supply Metr Pro together with 7pin cable just because it’s easier for us. Think how much time it would take to remove those 3 wires from the each cable over and over again :wink:

1 Like

Ahh thanks so much for the answer. I thought i saw some routing from those two leading to the chip. Thats why i was worried… Thanks again

Just ordered a module. Gonna have fun with this.

1 Like

I’m trying to decide on PCB vs external antenna. Could anyone with the PCB antenna please share their experience with it? What’s the range? Any problems with it? Thanks!

@rpasichnyk @hexakopter Do I understand correctly that if I go with the PCB antenna I can still add the external antenna later but I need to resolder one resistor? Could you please provide some guidelines for dummies on that? Also, is it possible to order the external antenna module (i.e. with the resistor at the right place) but without the antenna in case I wanted to add my own antenna? Thanks.

After I managed to let the external antenna make contact with the plus pole of my battery I got the PCB only Version which works for me as well despite my CF integrated enclosure. I works perfectly AS long AS you are in the same room.

1 Like