Metr Pro - Next Gen Bluetooth Module

Tried a spare uart cable and connectors? I am not seeing where your issue is, frustrating.

1 Like

I havenā€™t gotten it to work, it connect fine but no data. The green ought is solid and the blue light blinks twice every 4 seconds. I havenā€™t tried a different uart cable, Iā€™ll try that when I get back to the office.

1 Like

Hi Roman ! Found some spare time to test this Metr Pro. First, as we told, JST connector has to be swapped.

First feedback after a quick try :

• My Macbook Pro canā€™t see the Metr Pro (MacBook Pro 2017).
  • In the parameter menu of the module (where you can change the name and see FW infos), the module says that VESC FW is up to date even if it canā€™t communicate with it.
  • No problem on Android 8, OnePlus 5T
  • TCP bridge works amazingly fast comapred to the previous module ! That makes direct connection to the laptop less needed as this works flawlessly.

Thank you very much again, canā€™t wait to play more with this piece of engineering.

1 Like

can someone recommend an Android watch that works with Metr?

IĀ“m running a Sony Smartwatch 3. Cheap, good and works with everything what you throw on it :slight_smile: I posted a photo here somewhere with it running AckĀ“s app

2 Likes

found it:

2 Likes

I recently bought a Fossil smart watch, itā€™s really great. There was an offer I only paid 130 ā‚¬ instead of 160 The quality and style is really cool, like all the classic Fossil watch. Sold my gear S2 because tizen is not supported :sob::sob:

1 Like

How is it with esk8 apps?

Should work fine I have not the occasion to try yet. Iā€™ll post here what I think when I can! Just the watch by itself works really well

1 Like

Make sure the smartphone is not stealing BLE connection (turn off bluetooth) and that you are using VESC Tool that has this fix on your Macbook

I switched off Blutooth on the phone and use your VT (latest Mac version in Release tab). I couldnā€™t see the module in Mac bluetooth menu for pairing before connecting VT through BLE.

On macOS you do not need to perform the pairing manually. Just open the VESC Tool and Scan for BLE devices. It might take some time, like 30 seconds

1 Like

Well ok, Iā€™ll again later. As you stated that the Metr Pro wouldnā€™t bypass serial commands coming from unpaired deviced, I didnā€™t even try scanning in VT.

No it wouldnā€™t. On macOS you need to perform pairing too. The difference is that Windows doesnā€™t allow apps to initiate pairing procedure, it has to be done by the user in the Control Panel. Hence I wrote a separate post describing how to do it. With macOS itā€™s much more intuitive, everything is done in the app.

3 Likes

normal vesctool works on mac just thanks to roman. At least the BLE functionality

1531128964493 I love the watch! And it works great, the only thing I miss is the heart rate sensor because over the years I was used to have a constant monitoring of that. I guess thatā€™s a trade-off.

5 Likes

Slick, were you able to chose what data is presented and how many can you squeeze in?

1 Like

You can choose whatā€™s on the screen, I couldnā€™t put anything more than 2 data Anyway tbh you just do quick glance when you ride If you want precise info you go on your phone after the ride

that does looks pretty cool, canā€™t believe Iā€™m buying a watch to just wear ek8ing lol

3 Likes

Youā€™re not the only one! I donā€™t wear watches, but was looking into them purely for esk8ing, when a work-mate tells me he has an old Sony SmartWatch 3 he no longer needs so Ā£30 later I have a wrist-mounted speedo and battery meter ready to go!

2 Likes