Metr Pro - Next Gen Bluetooth Module

Do you know which pins on the jst connector are required? Is it the same as the metr module?

@ducktaperules Glad that it works for you now.

@E1Allen You need to connect 3.3V, GND, TX and RX. TX and RX can be swapped, Metr Pro will auto detect that on startup and work anyway. So no more trouble with the right TX/RX placement. :smiley: It is not possible to power your module with 5V! 5V is just routed so you have the 7pin count like on most VESCs (so it is only possible to plug it in one way) and to have 5V accessible for future accessories that would need it. So right now the 5V isnā€™t connected to anything so can not be used to power your Metr Pro. 3.3V is required to power your module. SWD and SWC pins are just used for initial flashing so you can let them unconnected. Firmware updates are possible over the air, so no SWD necessary.

Thanks, I have the CNC focbox case and the three extra wires made it a tight fit. It works, easier with four wires.

1 Like

Hi, Metr-pro BT module and app working well but unable to use with Ackmaniac-Esc monitor app. Iā€™m using Dual Vesc6 and latest EXTENDED ACKMANIAC-ESC Tools 3.102 and Android 7. This app works with BT5 module. Small point I notice Metr-pro firmware update option doesnā€™t show latest firmware. Finally compiled latest version of ESC tools for Linux and and Win and was unable to connect using bluetooth, is it possibly only select versions are supported?

10 character

Awesome work.Unfortunately I already bought 2 older models but should these fail, the new ones will be next!

1 Like

@Ackmaniac Nico, can you help with this as do not want to revert back to your Vesc Monitor app v1.01 but would like to use your app with Metr Pro as well as the 2 BLE chips I have from you on other builds.

1 Like

I really like the modes. I should have switched to canbus earlier. Being able to set specific speeds on the fly is awesome. Having a super chill mode for the kids is great

Also like the dual display. The more info the better :grin::grin: You can see the increased refresh rate when the data populates. I like it a lot.

4 Likes

Im having issues getting my Metr Pro up & running. I am running dual FocBoxā€™s with Ackā€™s 2.54 with Can Bus.

This is all I see isā€¦ image

Oddly, this is what I see on the Settings tabā€¦ image

Itā€™s weird that the app sees the Metr Pro version but not the VESC firmware or hardware version. On the adaptor itself the blue light is solid when it connects, then starts a double blink every 2 seconds, but its not the same as when its not connected. The green light is solid. No red light at all.

Iā€™ve rebooted and restarted my phone multiple times. Its a Pixel running Android 8.1. I pu my old HM-10 on the 2nd VESC and it still works fine with Ackā€™s app. Ackā€™s app does not show any data when connected to the Metr Pro.

@rpasichnyk any suggestions?

• Edit: I uninstalled and reinstalled the app 2 times, PeriMetr also does not see the Metr Pro module.
1 Like

Try to unplug HM-10 and put it aside. Plug Metr Pro there instead. If it still shows no data, please send log to [email protected]

I just put the HM-10 in as a last effort to be able to get data before I closed up the enclosure. I attempted to run the Metr Pro module on both VESCā€™s. Ill send you the logs in just a few mins. Thanks for the quick response.

logs sent, thanks again.

Guys I was wondering the metr pro canā€™t be used with escape right?

Why not? I donā€™t see any reason to not work with. UART is standard protocol.

I remember reading somewhere the JST port was reversed

1530356880338 Everything is reversed in the labeling! Anyone know something?

imageIf itā€™s reversed just switch those pins. Itā€™s super easy and simple with a razor blade or knife tip. It just has to be Sharp to grab the release tab.

Edit: I had to remove all the pins to slide it through the rubber grommet for the CNC case.

Slightly lift tab in yellow, so it releases from the part marked red.

3 Likes

Hey did you change the baud rate Mike? Oh and UART enabled

Sounds like something I didnā€™t do and get similarā€¦but maybe youā€™ve used em before and not that simple

1 Like

I tried with 9600 and 115200 BPS but neither worked. My understanding is that itā€™s supposed auto sense and negotiate the baud rate rate.

Iā€™ve got it set to PPM and UART. Thanks though.

1 Like

Yes, I tried Metr Pro with both baud rates and it stepped up and down to find each correctly. Have you been able to get your Metr Pro chip working with any configuration, device, software?

1 Like