Metr Pro - Next Gen Bluetooth Module

Ok so, to understand well, I dl the 1.8Go Ubuntu file … doesn’t understand how it is supposed to work on “ubuntu” if it didn’t on the real windows 10 … Need to make this thing work pleeaaase :sob::upside_down_face:

I buy it cause the last (old) one never really work more than 500m/ride, I totalize around 2 or 3km for the last year (where I made more than 500/1000km). So after riding all the good work made (even if it never worked before), I buy a new module with external antenna (cause you said if we got pb before its better), I receive it without antenna … discover after there wasn’t working one my like you said “old PC” who works better than the w10 one … but don’t work also on my Windows 10 haaaaaaaaaaaa who was supposed to be the solution …

haannn :sweat_smile: so I should instal ubuntu on my w10 computer to do what ?..

Screenshot_20180623-113607__01

Mmmh :thinking:

@Riako do you have 32 bit or 64 bit Windows 10? You need 64 bit. @Yecrtz Logs please :slight_smile: thx

@rpasichnyk happened 8 days ago after I updated the app…

I received my module. Thanks guys! The build continues.

For anyone interested my module was shipped on the 9th or 10th and was brought to my door on the 20th. I’m in Ontario Canada. Near Toronto. There were no extra fees or duties though that would have been my responsibility anyway. :+1:

1 Like

Not sure if you’ve found your solution yet, but I have the galaxy s6 and after it updated to Oreo, my module stopped working. I then realized it was a clone of a clone called the MLT-BT05. I bought a genuine HM-10 from robotshop on Amazon, and it now works flawlessly.

I got my module and the both the VESC tool and the metr app are working nicely on my android phone. Thanks @rpasichnyk and @hexakopter! So awesome to finally have riding modes with the default firmware!

I have two issues with the metr app though:

1. it seems that it ignores the regenerated energy when calculating the Wh/km.
  2. Could you enable custom discharge curves in the battery setup? I assume you just interpolate from a table? I set my app to Li-Ion but it seems to be pretty far off from 30Qs, which I’m using. So the % displayed doesn’t fit my battery at all. This would also be nice for people that e.g. use different voltage cutoffs and so on.

Another thing, which is not a big deal, but it might be nice if the battery percentage is averaged over a few seconds in the realtime display. The voltage readout on the vesc is so noisy that the battery display “flickers” around like crazy and is just not that nice to look at.

5 Likes

mov

Flickering is a reminder how fast Metr Pro is. Good stuff, not a bug :wink:

12 Likes

Haha the perfect response. Percentage indicators don’t work unless you set them up according to your batteries.

Lookup a discharge curve for the 30Q’s and base your percentages from that people!

On another note hopefully my metr pro’s show up this week so I can install them.

That was a quick fix quick :wink: Just got the updated app! Thanks, @rpasichnyk!

Well, yeah… It’s a cosmetic detail. Just a suggestion how to make the battery level more accurate. The app is already pretty nice as it is. Especially with the freely configurable RT display.

Niiiice! I have been waiting for this :slight_smile:

I think I’ll have to try one of these, but what would be nice is a shorter JST cable option so as not to have a big loop(space issues) as I would get the external antenna and place it in one of @Kug3lis focbox dual esc enclosures. A small hole drilled to mount the antenna

I know it’s a matter of firmware/software update. But the Metr has a basic encryption somehow. startbit/endbit whatever. I’m too busy to find out. I have some genuine HM10’s but they would not connect to Metr. It’s a good basic app, but I mostly like the smartwatch feature. I wish I could use it again. I’m not gonna downgrade one of my cellphones for this

Yeah. There’s nothing special about the antenna. As long as you have the right connector you can use whatever “antenna” you want as long as it’s for the right frequency band. Making your own custom antenna isn’t at all difficult and amateur radio (and other) websites offer lots of help.

1 Like

Got my 2 x Metr Pro modules today, thanks guys, look SAF :sunglasses:

3 Likes

The app is restricted to metr hm-10 MAC addresses afaik, you can install the app but it will only connect to devices in that master list

just received my module but having problems connecting from pixelXL. Open app and device shows up. Hit connect and the app says connected. I then get the pairing prompt. if i type a random pin it said “incorect pin” but if i type the number on the back it just turns the red light on and pairing restarts again.

@ducktaperules Every single Metr Pro module is tested with its pin code on the back, the JST cable it comes with and if realtime data/recording works flawlessly before it is shipped. So the pin code on the back of your module should work. Have you tried to power down your VESC, force close the Metr app, turn off bluetooth on your phone, turn back on bluetooth on your phone, power on your VESC and reopen the Metr app? After that try to connect to the module again. If that does not work please send us the log file and we will figure out what went wrong.

2 Likes

Seems to be working now. I tried everything and nothing worked, then i restart my phone and it connected first time after :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Ordered one, couldn’t resist :man_shrugging: I think the antenna will look nice on my eMTB. I think now I need to add another one for the remote receiver, for the sake of symmetry of course :joy:

2 Likes