Metr Pro - Next Gen Bluetooth Module

Thank you!

That is not the same fluctuations that I have seen on the 6.6.

It may not be your battery sagging but the fact that the voltage drops whenever the current rises suggests that their must be some resistance in the supply…

Is it possible to export the Metr app logs so that I can keep the odometer and top speed, etc., when I use a new device?

Are you using Android or iOS?

For iOS you can connect to iTunes and save all .s and .r record files from the metr app and import them afterwards for your new device. I think a iTunes device backup should also work to save all data. When the backup is not working its always good to have screenshots from all your stats and settings so you could change them on the device later manually. For Android you can get the record files inside the metr app folder on the SD card or where you have installed it.

2 Likes

Anybody else having problems with the metr pro working with the latest unity firmware? FW: 23.41

It won’t send any info at all :frowning:

1 Like

Methinks it’s still being developed for Unity

2 Likes

Working on it right now!

computer-lego-notebook-3oz8xyg7F0uoJ5XxDO

15 Likes

@rpasichnyk Regarding METR on Apple iOS : how to send data to an android smartwatch using Wear OS (ex Android Wear)?

I saw there was is an option in Miscellaneous but for Apple Watch.

Do we need to replace the original Unity module for Metr module? If not, then this is the best thing since sliced bread. :smiley:

I hope we can replace the original bl module… I want to use the free UART port for something else.

1 Like

I hope @rpasichnyk just gonna add Unity module support. I want to keep my Unity as is. :smiley:

That would be awesome… but difficult with the payment. Now everyone paid for the expensive module and have to buy an extra app.

I mean it would be super nice to use the original Modul, but I don’t believe it

Guys if i want to be able to change settings on the focboxes with the pc without removing the enclosure do I need a bluetooth usb/card on my pc? Tcp bridge for example, does it require a bluetooth connection on the pc?

no, just a wifi/ethernet connection, no BT.

You need a BT adapter/card IF you want to connect directly via Bluetooth to the vesc tool. This works with the Linux and Mac tool (the one modded by Roman). But if you got a metr pro I would stick to TCP, now its hella fast.

Alternatively you could change settings just via the Metr App on the “expert” section

1 Like

Thanks for your reply! That’s awesome! Will try once I get the module :slight_smile:

Can u give us a small hint how u ll integrate the METR again? By using the UART port or are u able to use the original BL model from Enertion?

Business wise, it wouldn’t make sense for him to make the BT on the unities work on METR. Espeically when

A) The primary income for METR is from the sales of the modules

B) Enertion will not pay him for every unity Metrized

C) The Unity will become the primary dual VESC for the foreseeable future

More than likely, and business wise, he would either have to make METR a paid app (which would be a loss in income compared to the module) or keep on the current module and jsut update the METR mods to work with the way the unity flirts with UART. This is all speculation of course, but anyone could see why it wouldn’t make sense for the unity to be meterized without some form of compensation to subsidized the app.

1 Like

I really doubt this. 2019 is upon us dude.

popcorn is being eaten right now just be patient and watch before the pitchforks come out. :wink:

4 Likes

Do you have any information that proves otherwise ? Lmfao

Ugh… The future dude. Tell me a year that went by when electronics didn’t evolve. Not rocket science here.