Metasurf Direct Drive ?!

Its good feedback though. I’ll work with them on clearing up the text :slight_smile: thanks

Back Trucks and Motor Again these are for sale. Site will be updated hopefully this weekend image image

15 Likes

Arent thin axles something we should be scared of :sweat_smile:

4 Likes

Pretty sure they are standard axle size… just longer so you get the illusion they are thinner…?

Agreed, I would like to see a beefier axle on that kind of length.

2 Likes

well longer also sorta means worse(depends i guess)…

still gonna buy them anyways :crazy_face:

1 Like

Owner mentioned he tested these on presses. 200 KG is very conservative rating. I know I will be picking up a pair :wink: could always wait for early adopters result before pulling the trigger

1 Like

Your name… and the comment… lol bad omen?

I’m hopefull, but a bit sceptical. 200kg of static force is nothing, climbing carabiners are rated for 2000kg+ for a reason, in a fall you can generate 6-7kn (600-700 kgs) of force without doing anything crazy. I can only imagine going over bumps and down curbs can generate a lot of force

4 Likes

ha!

i hope not… its my gaming name and my wrist hasnt snapped yet :crazy_face:

cant wait for the site to get updated :smiley:

thats sorta what I was getting at o.O

not to mention if you just extend the axles and call it a day… :hospital:

would metasurf be open to a US group buy? try to get a bit of a deal on these…

See thread here :slight_smile: : https://www.electric-skateboard.builders/t/metasurf-direct-drive-gauge-interest-for-potential-group-buy/70064

1 Like

Btw… heres the axle of another well known brand :slight_smile: 43117907_2315275921821032_4519727070653186048_n

2 Likes

It looks like 12mm than 10mm and 8mm in the end… quite a difference than whole 8mm axle

6 Likes

Yeah it looks better… lol

Yeah you guys remember how there were some enertion hub motors that snapped off because they just sit on an 8mm axle with this exact kind of square key?

And now the lever arm is like 3x that. These are doomed to fail with the current design. It makes zero sense to do something like this. If 8mm axles we’re strong enough then you’d see ultra lightweight downhill trucks with less aluminum and plain thin 8mm axles to make up most of the hanger. I’ve seen trucks that have the extra aluminum start to bend with age. If you think these wont do the same, likely to a worse extent, then IDK what to say. I feel like this is completely untested by the manufacturer on anything but a motor Dynamo.

I’m really surprised you guys haven’t had a field day on how poor of a design these have.

11 Likes

Did you ask him if a 10mm axle would be possible or if it would require a complete redesign of the motor?

1 Like

I asked that at beginning but every one seems to be kind of blind. I get it cheap DD but who wants to be injure first? Maybe instead of custom KV and amps we should ask for thicker axle and a bit narrower design for rear trucks because they are ridiculous.

3 Likes

Also @Hummie just had an axle bent and he uses 12mm axles now - so 8mm is a nono :smiley:

1 Like