Metasurf Direct Drive ?!

we were speaking from startup there, makes a huge difference also when you reach very low speed (almost standing) the sensors are huge benefit for braking smoothly

Looked brake focused to me and I wanted to address the braking issue comments in this thread.

misconception then, should be clear now what i ment: moving at low speeds regardless if acel. or decel. sensors are nice things.

I’m not promoting them, I have no investment in these. I didn’t even get a set myself, these are somebody else’s. I’m just trying to help the community determine if these are any good while advising the developer on ways to improve them!

13 Likes

This is not true. Sensors just access where the rotor is at start up to enable the motor to spin in the right direction. They have no bearing on braking power. When you come to a stop the motor is already spinning so sensors have no influence.

1 Like

Bad choice of words. Sorry. The effort you have made in determining whether these are a good option is what i should have said. Keep up the good work you little legend.

4 Likes

Thank you, I’m learning along with everybody else on this forum :slight_smile:

3 Likes

a brushless motor needs to know his position, emf feedback does not work well at low rpm’s. sensors are very accurate at low rpm. does not mean you get more force but you can brake till standstill and not till 1mph or so.

I just like anyone who uses the kitchen sink be honest

1 Like

Gotta use the kitchen for something…

5 Likes

Thats a bit sexist to be honest. I know for a fact that my unsensored sk3’s are female.

7 Likes

don’t know what gender my hummie’s are but they do pack a punch. (they are also unsensored, aint need sensor when it has so much torque)

2 Likes

sorry all my machines are actually ladies

@winfly i think that depends on more factors, rider weight, battery, settings, incline… if they would have sensors you could start from standstill on an incline, i hardly doubt you can do this right now.

1 Like

Chuck enough amps through a motor and sensors become unnecessary. Mine start fine from a standstill not when rolling backwards though. Then they need full wack.
@Nordle Not all mine are female just the ones that are absolutely the best.

1 Like

enough off topic stuff guys I have hijacked this very informative thread enough.

1 Like

Let’s see what happens bro. Damn SF streets destroy shit. Going up n down steep hills can be dangerous and frustrating if you don’t have the power or your brakes don’t work properly One thing for sure those trucks look pretty damn badass :+1:t3:

4 Likes

These motors are pretty cool but I don’t understand why the trucks are so wide.

Ideal would be shorter axles with offset core wheels. That would allow for a shorter axle but keep the wheel width wide.

3 Likes

We interrupt the current topic to bring you… Aladdin and Panda… image Carry on

12 Likes

Bent (I’m pretty sure)! It was @Aeroquiv’s fault :stuck_out_tongue:

Metasurf will make a “stronger truck” “as soon as possible” with either “high alloy steel or titanium alloy for the axle” and make it thicker in the process.

14 Likes

@Aeroquiv is a big boi.

4 Likes