Metasurf Direct Drive ?!

I need black wheels because lord skatan demands that they match my soul.

also, you fucking rock. seriously.

12 Likes

Thank you :blush: also you got it!

1 Like

It seems like I’m in a dating thread for cats:thinking: Now i think its the right time for me to shout out a big MEOWWWWW!:rofl::rofl::rofl:

2 Likes

Probably not at the moment. Anything involved in opening a new mold is super expensive. Unless we have lots of volume it will be tough. I will ask though.

My cat wanted me to post this:

Single, white, fluffy ass female with temperamental mood swings, and alarmingly skiddish nature seeks dapper as fuck, multi color male wearing a bowtie, top hat, or Mickey Mouse ears. Enjoys chewing up only premium OEM phone charging cables, scratching and biting children, peeling out and power sliding on hardwood floors, and anything involving being a batshit crazy feline.

If this sounds like your cat, and you’re interested, piss off. She’s not interested anymore.

Wait, yes she is.

Err, no she’s not.

Damn it, I can’t keep up. Why are the cute, fluffy indoor cats always the craziest?

7 Likes

7 Likes

20180524_185838 20180524_185752

9 Likes

The first drives are in my hands! Courtesy of @sofu image

I’ll upload more pictures tonight or tomorrow if I’m too drunk to do it tonight

15 Likes

Damn those are super wide! I’m sure it’s been mentioned in the thread already, but could you tell me, how wide are they?

Metasurf website says 13 inches

Edit: not home to measure precisely

Damn, so like 325mm!? That’s insanely wide, lol.

PICTURES! sorry, I was too hungover to do it this morning, and I really don’t have time to do this right now but here we go!!

The motor compared with a torqueboards 6355 IMG-0339

An actual measurement, can measures around 58mm IMG-0340

A shot of the inside, take a look at that NSK bearing :slight_smile: IMG-0337

Mounted on my spud for now, I don’t have any other decks to put it on (that will change, maybe a 36 inch evo, suggestions welcome). I can’t work on it until later this week anyway. edit: jb weld was for keeping inserts in, gonna be covered with grip tape so I didn’t care about the looks IMG-0341 IMG-0342

6 Likes

Is it possible to buy a set of these still?

On the metasurf website, although for a higher price than we got them. I think @Ixf is organizing a group buy

1 Like

Looks sweet even on a spud. But would look sweeter if the trucks were shorter.

NSK bearing coming out of China. Hummmm. What size Is it I can’t read the number? 6808 …6803? What size are both if u know.

1 Like

looks to be a 6808, 6803’s are much thinner on the OD to ID.

1 Like

Um Taiwan. It really is a different place even if China says its not. These motors may originate from mainland china so then my point is mute. Not trying to hate, sorry.

Also many good China motor makers use NSK bearings as they last way longer than the local alternatives.

I did a google. Turns our NSK has factories in China. Sooo the more you know. “At present, NSK manufactures industrial machinery bearings, automotive products, precision machinery and parts, and other products at 11 plants in China.”

4 Likes

If the motor bearing is replaced with a large inner diameter of bearing, can we use a thicker shaft without changing the design of the motor? Is this idea correct?

1 Like

i Wonder if bearings I get are real. And then it doesn’t seem possible to figure what’s real as the end user or seller. . I wonder if bearings I buy are real. Labels are like money these days but once out of the box, switched possibly, I haven’t heard of a good way to tell. There are many characteristics but I’d like even just one good test of something. Shininess. Hardness somehow testable. Or noise. None I’ve seen. So don’t mean to say these are fake just casting shadows on all bearings everywhere

Sad to say if it’s cheap that seems the best indication of fake. The cost of a 6808 shielded https://www.qualitybearingsonline.com/6803-NSK-deep-groove-bearings-17x26x5/ is maybe 24$ Her I am again looking at the same bearing looking for a good deal and then deciding it’s too good to be true. image I think u have to go through nsk directly and go through the assured distributors even then not knowing for sure Boxes look like money. image https://www.stopfakebearings.com/#buysafely

Excuse me for coming and screaming fake it just goes off in my mind wondering every time I see a brand label bearing. I bring it up because not long ago I didn’t realize costs and counterfeits were such a thing. So maybe it’s 30$ for this bearing and I challenge someone to find the best price on this Japanese bearing. At least the louis voitton bags are easy to spot.

3 Likes