Metasurf Direct Drive ?!

So update on the few that have put in an order with me for a set: they arrived at the Taipei shop since yesterday, I’m picking them up today. For the people who are still messaging me for a set, unfortunately I’m at max allotment and max capacity for my free suitcase check-ins so it ain’t gonna work out… Sorry :sweat: I recommend waiting and seeing at this point anyways.

I’ll post more pictures when I get the hardware in a few hours.

Hey @jasonbhuynh you got a set and I got an Ollin recurve… Let’s build a monster :smiling_imp:

5 Likes

I’m down :rofl: maybe even a 4wd eventually if these hold up

3 Likes

Ok, products procured. Will update with more pics when I get home. Two lucky people will be getting drives and trucks with a set of black wheels. Lmk if you wanna be one of them.

Edit: included bearings are extended race

Will add more pics in a bit

22 Likes

You did a great service for the community

5 Likes

That huge assed package!!

Those grey pepes look sweet! I didn’t see them on the website

:face_with_monocle: (10 char)

3 Likes

I’m not sure if he’s put them in the website yet but they are in abundance at the shop. I’m sure you could buy some if you wanted easily

:rofl: zing

1 Like

This is now out of context.

1 Like

You jealous?

1 Like

We’re way off topic here but yes, penis me

3 Likes

:thinking: (Im aware these edits histories are visible :P)

2 Likes

Wait what lol

ok,… stay on topic … :sweat_smile:

What a package! :muscle::hushed: Good luck, and thanks for the community. Can’t wait for your testing guys!

edit: frenglishism

3 Likes

Ok, I promised pictures. Here they are:

Click Here To Unroll Pics

Pic of everything prepped for shipping

IMG_3939

Pics of the 45 degree hanger

IMG_3942 IMG_3941 IMG_3943 IMG_3945 IMG_3940

Pics of the drive itself in detail

IMG_3950 IMG_3951 IMG_3949 IMG_3946 IMG_3947 IMG_3948

Pic of extended race steel bearings and a glimpse of the black wheels.

IMG_3952

Pics of the packing fiasco

IMG_3954 IMG_3953 IMG_3955

One last pic of the main shop sign

IMG_3957

It’s been a fun ride! I’ll ship them shortly, then it’ll be time to wait for the results to start rolling in…

11 Likes

oh wait, they come with wheels?

niice…this is just getting better by the minute.

not sure if it’s been asked but do you know what the duro is for those wheels?

edit, i’m stupid. it says 78a on the wheel, 97mm.

Ha, yep. Next person who messages me about their order with me can choose either black wheels or the gray wheels. Otherwise you’ll just get gray ones :stuck_out_tongue:

I’m curious how the axle is in that hanger. It’s said to be cast in there the complete length but how does it have those squares at the end? Are they the axle or another part? How do they end up squared w the hanger and are they fixed/cast into the hanger? Never seen that on an axle that’s cast all the way. They look like what is typically screwed into the hanger

Look like the square is cast bigger and then machines to size, you can see the tool marks on the surface

1 Like