MBS Metal Matrix II Trucks

It’s the baseplate from the older Matrix channel Truck, equipped with an Adaptor to accommodate the PU blocks.

2 Likes

AH! That’s why it had that strange plate bolted on!

I was curious why they would construct it in this manner, it’s because it’s adapted from an older design that was meant to hold springs…

1 Like

holy fuck, how did I miss this thread. ordering right meow for the Lacroix bois

edit: out of stock, you snooze you lose :frowning:

3 Likes

Hi Joel @MBS,

I got a question about the stance on the new MBS Pro 97 Deck - DWII.

On the website, we can see :

we’ve shortened the wheelbase by approx 3/8" (1cm)

This is compared to the last Dylan Warren model right (all black) ?

So, is the new one more like 96cm tip to tip, or it’s just a new holes pattern on the tips (and the stance and length of the deck are the same?) ?

Thanks for your help :v:

Sorry for the delayed response. I’ve been on the move for the past few weeks. The answer is the latter, the deck length and stance are the same as before, only the truck holes have been moved inward from each end slightly. If someone wanted to drill new holes for an extended wheel base there’d be room for it.

3 Likes

Nice ! Thanks Joel !! :wink:

So are you saying… a new build might be in your future???

:sunglasses:

1 Like

Maybe just a new deck for the new Darth yes ^^ I think I have sold my brand new Holypro 35 (next WE if all is still all good), I really need more stance (but I’m also afraid about the stiffness of the deck :sweat: I looove so much the flexy comfy of my trampoline!).

(btw, I do not forget you, I answer you tonight mate :wink: )

2 Likes

Man that Dylan deck is sick!! All black and white!!! Then finish it off with the black tires maybe even do some white lettering on the wheels??? oh man… should of got the damn deck!

I guess I will understand more about the feel once I get up and riding. I am extremely curious about the stance and being “locked” in with the straps. If the Holy doesn’t sell…hit me up. I can help you out with that.

I am mad, my ignorance didn’t know about scrub decks and such. Watching the videos that seems the way I would of wanted to go with the Matrix II trucks. But…there is always next time. Until then I need to see you go ahead and build that beast!!!

(In all honesty I never had a doubt. I know my message was a little more detailed than needed, LOL…sorry about that!)

2 Likes

Theres always comp 95 “birds” thats similar to Dylan but flexy :slight_smile:

Don’t see the deck for sale as a stand alone… I heard if you (at)mbs x 3 a genie will appear to help you sort it out

3 Likes

:blush: hahaha, thanks Ixf !
I ride it a couple of time last year, plus the Dylan (1 or 2 times), and it’s not really flexy for me ^^ (but like a kind stiffness).
The bird is a little bit shorter no? Or just the drilling pattern too? I really want a long, wide, nicely flexy mountainboard :smile: (My scrub was 1m long, supa mega flex (and don’t twist), the sandwich in carbon fiber help me a lot to get something as flexy but more strong and reagent. Wide underfit, camber but not to much underfit, concave etc… but the stance is too short)

Does anyone know if the segmented enclosures fit the MBS decks? I really don’t remember seeing any during my research. It seems that there aren’t many MBS builds. Pretty dominated by Trampa builds.

Also, it seems if one does go with an undermount it could work seeing that the MBS decks are rather stiff and “springy”. Just curious about this option for housing batteries. Even with my 200lbs jumping up and down I am not even bottoming out.

to which ones exactly you referring? i have seen somewhere a eboosted enclosure on one of the mbs decks, but i don´t remember who posted the picture. For the trampa underboard tray, just cross check the dimensions. they are available on the tampa side. you might cut the side lips, but you anyhow will need to cut that tray, so no big thing.

1 Like

birds is flexy and a tiny bit shorter

1 Like

@hyperIon1 had a complete with an enclosure on mbs I believe

2 Likes

Da fuck…Need to talk to Cory about that. Thanks.

@Andy87, thanks for the info. Damn never seen the picture. Still debating on the top or bottom mount. I believe i will go top since I expect to do some stupid shit with this build. Thanks for the heads up.

3 Likes

You know I just ordered a DWII with your name on it @mixedcreation

3 Likes

just noticed that (new?) hole in the top cover of the bindings…looks like you/we could sneak a loopkey through that.

loopkeyhole

3 Likes

it’s the regular F5 bindings, its a sleave for the ratchet straps… but im sure you could tuck one in.

1 Like

Are you sure… no hole on this one and its also f5…Hmmm @mbs is that little hole a new mod to the f5 bindings? just out of curiosity.

oldf5

1 Like