MBS MATRIX II truck failure

The problem isn’t that it was made out of nylon. The problem is in the design of channel trucks. The horizontal king pin is either ovalizing the holes in a metal baseplate or breaking the holes in plastic. Both are bad. It’s a huge weak link in the channel truck design.

3 Likes

I can see your point @psychotiller but have enough of these base plates been made out of aluminum to determine if it’s a complete crap design. If ovaling of the hole is the worse aluminum will have to offer. I’ll take that over a broken nylon one.

3 Likes

I would rather it oval out the metal over time over a snapped part though.

This is great timing @Nowind! My boy is about to order the MBS drive from you. This will be a much welcome addition.

You don’t happen to stock any of the trucks, do you?

6 Likes

One lucky son! Man imagine us getting A mini gear drive from a legend as a boy

Need a nylon ring/separator to get the best of both worlds. Ring would have to be replaced in time, but should easily last 3000 km plus.

Reference, nylon trampa spacers. Not a big fan of metal on metal for moving parts.

3 Likes

Oh snap! Not my son, but dammit if he doesn’t feel that way! Lol.

@str8_Clutch is a 27 year old Man Cub!

2 Likes

:see_no_evil: literally my bad

Gear drive is a great choice

1 Like

The design is 25 plus years old. Everyone one has been dealing with it for decades. The fun of the ride outweighs the time it takes to break them. And they all break plastic or aluminum.

2 Likes

agreed, so far I have broken everything said to be unbreakable and then some…

2 Likes

just thinking about it, its a lot of force from shock blocks to kingpin. a wheel will only last so long, any component that deals with so much force will fail eventually

2 Likes

@Nowind :heart_eyes: I asked for them, then the least I can do is buying two! :wink: Just done

good job Jens & Peter !

1 Like

Sorry i got no stock of the Trucks :no_mouth:

Haha mate, thanks for kind words :kissing_heart:

i dont know why but this sounds familar :rofl:

Haha great my friend, saw your order :kissing_heart:

Thanks Brother! Nice to read from you :muscle:

3 Likes

Ok guys,… I need money :heart_eyes: Big Up E-Toxx :v:

5 Likes

Wholly Crap those are SWEET

3 Likes

PVD trucks have virtually ZERO issues with this design and they have been in use for 18 years

https://www.peterverdone.com/the-pvd-r3-slalom-truck/

3 Likes

If they came in bronze/brass colour, they would be so steampunk :sunglasses: :metal:

1 Like

Have they been tested off smooth pavement? There’s about a pound of nuts and bolts there.

No, just 18 years of some very brutal Slalom abuse with a smaller diameter pivot pin than MBS or Trampa. Speaking of which, not sure why the offroad guys went with such a small diameter pin as they did, they could easily run .5" diameter to better spread the load of the abuse.

2 Likes

Agreed! bigger pivot pins would help but it wouldn’t isolate the abuse the holes take.

1 Like