Maytech R2 style remote first impressions

I have 12s4p Li-ion 18650s

Should it be set to 3.2 or 3.7 ?

Just making sure thanks

1 Like

I would have to turn on the Remote first and then the board? or does that not matter.

Doesn’t matter

As a general safety rule with anything rc its best to turn the remote on first to avoid runaway stuff. Had too many cars fly off on their own to do it any other way now. Only happened to me once on esk8 but it went under a car. Push to start pre-built.

1 Like

Interesting… i always turn the board on first and the. The remote to calibrate. Haven’t had anything run off yet but it does sound scary

If you’re using a nano/nanox then yes I think the board has to be on first to calibrate.

1 Like

I have the maytech r2 connected to FocBox Unity correctly I think. But my battery meter almost never goes down. I have 12s4p and it is set for 11 cells. Maybe I set it for 10? Wish I had more play in the battery meter…

2 Likes

Yeah I agree with you here. They say to set it to the correct cell count if you have the r2v2 (slightly different display) but I still don’t see a drop until ~80% battery. Even then, I only see the bar drop when throttling. I wish it did an average cell amp count or something more intelligent.

I do love the control setup, feel, and form of the remote still

2 Likes

my maytech r2 remote receiver broke, where can I get a new one or replacement? actually I don’t like the standard one.