Maytech R2 style remote first impressions

I had a cut out this morning =(.

I didn’t mount the receiver in the middle of the board and when I pulled my hand up to look at the readout in a high interference area it dropped. Only for a second but it dropped. I’m going to re-position to the middle and make the receiver wire come out of the enclosure a little.

I was wondering is it possible to gut a nano v2 and use the signal and receiver bits for a better connection? (I have very very limited knowledge of receivers work other than them being bluetooth or 2.4ghz)

The nano rx and tx aren’t built for sending vesc data. Im also interested in a bulletproof connection for a wireless remote with telemetry. To be honest, I would pay up to 200 dollars for the receiver alone to have the absolute guarantee that it never drops

2 Likes

If I’m not mistaken the Maytech “R2” doesn’t read VESC data either. it only reads signal strength and how much you are pulling the throttle or pushing the brake. It also has a read out for remote battery, and board battery if you solder a wire from the positive side of the battery pack to the “42v” pin on the receiver.

2 Likes

Nailed it :point_up:

I have about 3 nano v2 receivers and two nano v2 remotes. Do you think I can cut up the pairing bits and make them work for the Maytech? I don’t mind the calibration of the nano v2 prior to pairing with the board each time just because it never drops a connection which is my main concern. After riding some of my higher powered boards for a few days I’m in love with the throw and feel of this new maytech remote, its soooo precise, just need to find a solution so it never drops. I can’t see myself going back from this remote.

Hmm not sure about compatibility between them. You could try a thin transparent plastic tube around the antenna to get it to lay straight. Try and keep it untangled from power wires specifically I’ve heard

Welp no way I’m messing with the electronics on the remote end haha.

There has to be a way to amplify the receiver or something.

Edit: whoops let me crop that pic a lil

2 Likes

IMG_20190410_210129 I don’t what they mean with this can someone help me an explain me

1 Like

My guess would be LiFePo nominal vs Li-on nominal setting.

1 Like

I use lipo Batterys 12s what settings should is use?

A typical lipo uses standard li-on chemistry so I’d assume 3.7v

Yes it is Lifepo4 cells vs lithium ion/lipo. Set it to 3.7

1 Like

IMG_20190410_222712 so I have 12s lipo Batterys. so I will set it to 11 to get a more accurate battery reading right.?

1 Like

That is correct. Don’t be scared when you don’t see the first battery bar drop. It won’t change until what I measured ~78% battery

1 Like

I hade more cut outs today even after I pushed the receiver out of the enclosure. Unfortunately I can’t reco this remote to anyone in a city area or places with heavy signal interference. I did the one legged balance dance through nyc traffic because of delay and that was nooooot cool at all.

So you if I plug the remote reciever in the unity it will show the Battery Info/percentage.?

The receiver that comes with the remote has an unsoldered point labeled 42V. If you run a wire from that to your battery’s positive, you will get voltage reading on the remote’s screen.

20190405_091837

I just made a small xt60 male to female adapter and tied the positive in there.

2 Likes

what extra connector do I need? I see that the receiver does not fit on the Unity.IMG_20190413_110906

Should have the rest of the cable included with the unity

Yes I found it thanks for helping.